X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crasstoe
    replied
    Re: Celcius MX3 / Team Alpha 2 / HK416 TA 2 / CTW Ghost

I would imagine to make pulling the spring easier? ...Although doesn't upping the torque slow the top rotational speed of the motor?

Leave a comment:

• happyal
    replied

Hi Tobi,

Just a quick question, but why would you want to increase the torque of the motor? (I take it that you are in the UK)

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied

My ctw is pushing 50m, but im eagerly awaiting my new mdd hop unit with rhop, and mx3, that should be doing some serious range.

Leave a comment:

• TOBI
    replied

CK what sort of range and accuracy are you getting from your ctw? for all of those that want rewinds my local rc shop is getting back to me with a price which I assure you with postage is going to be less than £90 and with a faster turn around, they've even trying to see whether they can increase the torque.

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied

Not AFAIK yet. I'll let you know.

Also a Tack rewind is £90.

Leave a comment:

• westywesty84
    replied

Beautiful!!! Any ideas on prices at all?

Leave a comment:

• CK
    replied

Hi, STTS are soon to offer a rewind service,

They are also planning on offering a swap service, so you can swap a non-rewound motor + cash for a rewound one.

I can't mention any retailers, but you know who should be able to deal with this for you. There is more info on the CTW forums.

And yes, playing with any of the internals by anyone that isn't the unnamed retailer will void your warranty, this includes, fitting an etiny fet board, swapping to deans connectors and glueing your hop nub.
    Last edited by CK; 27 January, 2013, 17:27.

Leave a comment:

• crasstoe
    replied

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
    I would imagine if you mess with the internals at all, the warranty is void on the whole gun - which would make sense.

The same is true with just about every product on Earth. Warrantys are for manufacturers specifications - any change from the original puts it out of spec.
    That is unless the retailer is happy to give their own warranty which covers it... although that is extremely rare!

Leave a comment:

• loki7491
    replied

I would imagine if you mess with the internals at all, the warranty is void on the whole gun - which would make sense.

The same is true with just about every product on Earth. Warrantys are for manufacturers specifications - any change from the original puts it out of spec.

Leave a comment:

• westywesty84
    replied

Heres a question...if you bought a brand new CTW from the company who shalt not be named...knowing that ALL standard motors in ptw/ctw shit themselves....and i handed the gun to him who shalt not be named to get the motor sorted, because for £80 you might as well as there pretty much bullet proof after hes sorted them....does that void the warranty on the CTW should I have any issues with the rest of the weapon?
    I for one am excited about what celcius are doing, more so after an expanding family a PTW is a bit more out of reach than a ctw.

And comparing cars to me is daft, there are so many differences between cars, which is why they have very different price tags...with the ctw/ptw comparison, you fill the mag the same with beebs, you pull the trigger...beebs come out...like danny has said...theres issues with both...so why pay an extra £5-600....when reliability is still questionable on both sides? but with CTW you get a warranty...no brainer inmy eyes. you wouldnt buy a car without a warranty for more money when the same is on offer, cheaper with warranty....

I watched a 2012 PTW shit itself after a 24 hour event....and ive seen a ctw not even get out of its box(very early one)!
    Last edited by westywesty84; 19 June, 2012, 09:59. Reason: Save posting again

Leave a comment:

• TOBI
    replied

Originally posted by happyal View Post
    I think that this thread is getting away from the topic of the New CTW's.

We could do with a CTW vs PTW thread in general, but I've got the feeling that this topic is going to go on for a long, long time.

Tobi, what are Systsema doing from the factory that is different than Celcius? If I where to buy a new Systema I would buy it directly from a person who mods them (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name him) with his mods already done.
    I'm not going on about systema's being better that's not the point that I'm trying to make rather point out the flaws in the ctw and hope that they listen. I take it stts listen to their customers (I'm not a customer yet I would be if they incorporated my suggestions) I'm just pointing out certain things that they should do out of the box to differentiate their brand from systema since they want to improve on them do they not?

I've got a 2012 ptw yeah this was more expensive that the ctw but the major cause for concern on a ptw is the motor once this is fixed then you shouldn't have any issues, madwelshman how many ctw's have you had back on the warranty?

Al It's hard to say to be honest since I've not had the chance to look at the new factory built models I've just got the new 2012 challenge kit, having seen someone with a ctw hop their range is similar the only difference being the shot to shot consistency, mine having been modded was more consistent and I found my hop could be adjusted via small increments the hop on their ctw was more Loose so to speak. I couldn't tell you about how the standard motors compare since I don't own any, I've moistureproofed my own gun and the electronics are the FCC mini mosfet the cpu is standard and I've yet to run into any problems with it.

My whole point is there are fundamental things they should have drawn from the mx2 the fact that people want LIpo's in the buffer tube, a different size buffer tube which they should be incorporating as opposed to the Ghost edition.

Leave a comment:

• dannyeprice23
    replied
    I don't know what the new mx3 will be like, and nobody does until it's out. However thus far I have heard one or two horror stories about the previous models....buuuut, have heard a lot of horror stories about the PTW also.

CTW or PTW, you could end up with a lemon...however if you were to put two proven work horses next to each other, there really isn't too much difference in my opinion. The build quality is undeniably better on the PTW, fact due to the more expensive materials used to make them, body gaps etc are not as neat....saying this, they are still of very high quality and these are things hard to see by the naked eye, hardly noticeable, but people who care about things like that should sway towards a PTW, if you are not that anal, then a CTW is for you.

If performance is what people want then I personally can't see much in it. And in terms of reliability, a LOT of things would have to go wrong with the CTW for you to have to shell out on repairs to equal the price of a PTW.

Now I have a PTW on the way, but chose over the CTW PURELY because it's one of the prettiest rifles I've ever seen, if I had seen a CTW first which I took a right fancy to, then I'd have gone for that.

This is an argument that is never going to end as people have different experiences.

I had a very highly upgraded TM recoil cqbr which had absolutely everything both a PTW and a CTW have, but with recoil.....and EEEEEASILY equalled them in performance, maybe even surpassed them. Obviously the trigger response wasn't quite as good.

Systema are going to have to buck up their ideas in my eyes, Celsius are going to improve their product further for a fraction of the price, and systema will at some point become the minority in the training weapon department.

On another note, yes there is the tw5, and now a 416......but I think if either companies bring out some further models, ie AKs, G36 etc that will put a shit load more cash in the bank for them.

Leave a comment:

• happyal
    replied

I think that this thread is getting away from the topic of the New CTW's.

We could do with a CTW vs PTW thread in general, but I've got the feeling that this topic is going to go on for a long, long time.

Tobi, what are Systsema doing from the factory that is different than Celcius? If I where to buy a new Systema I would buy it directly from a person who mods them (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name him) with his mods already done.

Leave a comment:

• loki7491
    replied

Why arn't they doing what out of the factory? the mods?

If that is what you are refering to i THINK it is because they supply all over the world and most are "happy" with what they get.

We are essentially the MaxPower generation of Airsoft... The manufacturers have designed, trialed and developed this things before mass production. They are out a few hours before they are being "improved" by somebody.

BMW were "happy" with their 5 series... their "M" division made it better (for a premium). Think of Celcius as BMW and STTS as their "M" division.

Leave a comment:

• TOBI
    replied

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
    I am pretty sure a rewound motor and a modded hop do not count as out of the box, like for like.

I can show you a Ford Fiesta that would rip the arse off of an M5 or an AMG Merc, but as it wasn't bought straight from the dealership i can't sit here and say Ford Fiestas are faster / more powerfull / better accellerating than a BMW M5... A one off modded gun cannot really be classed in the same argument as mass produced out of the factory, which is precicely what this discussion is about.

I could mod a springer pistol to out range your PTW... i would need the strength of a pissed off silver back to cock it and it would probably explode after a couple of shots... but by your rationale my modded springer is now better than a Systema PTW... Cool
    my gun unlike your springer still fires at 300 fps. Also why aren't celcius doing this out of the factory? people have doing this for years and yet still haven't made any significant changes.

The way the gearbox is designed I'm pretty sure your not going to be able to get anything other than a standard m4 selector and I find it highly unlikely that they'll re engineer the gearbox just so you can have a 4 position selector as is it nigh on impossible to gain an ambi selector

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
Working...
X