Bespoke metal receivers PTW/TM Recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bespoke metal receivers PTW/TM Recoil

I'll have one. Please let me know if I can PM you so I can work out the earliest opportunity to send you my money. Haha.

Would a lower with Burst instead of Auto markings be possible?

Seriously though, I'll happily buy one now. Just let me know when and how.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

The trouble and tension arise with the way the cylinder rests up against the back end of the receiver
      It's meant to be tight tight tight so it helps with the air seal

You can see what I mean here

Comment

No Link, but the upper and lower I have here are a very tight fit also.

Comment

Originally posted by M4UK View Post
          Its not practical to make a one off CNC'd part, unless you are happy to pay upwards of £500 for design/machining of a lower with a min cost of anodising at £95, all plus VAT. Our magwells are all wire edm'd and that work has to go out, a one off for that would be £125 alone
          Although not entirely out of the realms of possibility, it sure as hell wont be this payday!

I am still happy to pay for one, perhaps at the end of a batch if there would be a natural pause in production. If it going to continuous for the next year or so i may have look down other avenues.

Cheers for taking the time to reply though.

Comment

Its not practical to make a one off CNC'd part, unless you are happy to pay upwards of £500 for design/machining of a lower with a min cost of anodising at £95, all plus VAT. Our magwells are all wire edm'd and that work has to go out, a one off for that would be £125 alone.

While on the subject of magwells, I noticed on the Systema Challenge kit I have here that the interior of the magwell is very rough, ours are very smooth and flared internally for easier mag changes.

Are all PTW lowers the same, with bad machining/ casting and rough surfaces in the magwell area?
            Ive just had a look inside the magwell of my CTW, thats a little rough but certainly not the worst I seen.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

OK guys, just registered and feel I should chime in here.

TOBI, all my guns are very real, although a number of my competitors wish they were not. There are a few clowns out there that prefer to believe that we make all this up.

I have an engineering background and grew up making guns with my father, I also have done roughly 25 years of CAD design as well as being a technical assistant for Alias Wavefront/ Silicon Graphics many moons ago. My other company visualises and aids in product design for some of the worlds largest manufacturers including BAE Systems, Ford, BOSE and a whole load more.
              So we do have a bit of knowledge in this arena.

Right now we make the most accurate .22LR AR15 in the country and it will shoot a single hole at 50yards and 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch group at 100yards, not bad for a little Semi Auto rimfire.
              We have guys using them at national comp level and they are very expensive, but then quality will always come at a price.
              I make no excuses for the price, its taken an immense amount of work to create this rifle and ongoing development will only see it get better.
              Ask Bill from 22 Shotter / Raider what he thinks of the 22 Raven as he shot one a few weeks back.
              Our Straight Pull and Semi Auto 223/5.56mm rifles will shoot sub MOA all day long.
              We offer barrels in 4140 Chrome Moly or 416R Stainless.

This concept is to offer a training version of our select fire M4 rifle made from the same materials, 7075T6 Ally, with the same finish, Type 3 Hard Coat Black. All made to milspecs just like our real guns.

Well lets hope that this is better than your current shipping times since I'm an ex customer, I don't expect to pay a premium price for stuff and then have to wait months for it to turn up, Yeah I've ordered from you and won't be doing so ever again. also I take it you've now got your own CNC machine?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                Well lets hope that this is better than your current shipping times since I'm an ex customer, I don't expect to pay a premium price for stuff and then have to wait months for it to turn up, Yeah I've ordered from you and won't be doing so ever again. also I take it you've now got your own CNC machine?
                I seem to have touched a nerve TOBI.
                Our delivery terms and conditions are available on the site, they are up to 30 days. You can pay by credit card and 95% of orders ship within 3-5 days, some products can take longer to restock.
                We are always available on the phone or via email and offer an instant refund if necessary.
                Please don't order from us if you don't like those terms.
                The nature of the products we sell makes them extremely complicated to bring into the country and they are all ITAR controlled. Add to the fact that the USA has gone crazy this year with the elections and most gun owners are stock piling in case anything happens in November. Product supply has slowed right down.
                We hold the largest stock of real parts and accessories out of anybody in the UK by the way.

Comment

haveing read back through the thread i think the biggest problem you would have from allot of PTW owners is that they tend to go for as close to real steel looks as you can get. so that means allot of guys will buy the RS / licensed GBB reciever they want and then have it milled to take PTW internal's.

Im not sure you could mill a RS / GBB reciever to take the required Sopmod internals so that would be the easier niche to fill.

Comment

Touched a nerve? Hardly I thought you got the bulk of your stock from germany I didn't know that the US had authorised you to import ITAR protected items? Yeah your right I don't think I will order from you largely because of the attitude that you've shown here rather than being apologetic towards a customer you've come across quite arrogant, makes me glad I ordered my aimpoints and magnifier from ***** ******* and my MK18 ris from ********* and my magpul ctr stock from ******* *** also I waited far longer than 30 days but hey ho you learn who to spend your money with and who not to.

But you didn't answer my question with regards to the receivers have you invested in your own CNC machine and equipment or will this be one of those things where you order with you, you then have it manufactured to order and it turns into a 30 day wait? or will you be manufacturing them in batches and having them sitting on the shelf for TW/recoil owners to order them?

Comment

Your post got deleted before, now you repost but omit the names of the companies.

Thing is the company you claim to have bought your Aimpoints from in the first post (that I replied too by the way) only sell that product to the trade, making you a massive muppet.

I don't engage TROLLS in conversation and this one is over.

Comment

His post was deleted due to the retailers, same as yours.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Your post got deleted before, now you repost but omit the names of the companies.

Thing is the company you claim to have bought your Aimpoints from in the first post (that I replied too by the way) only sell that product to the trade, making you a massive muppet.

I don't engage TROLLS in conversation and this one is over.
                          So I pulled my aimpoint and magnifiers out of thin air?

Your not answering my question have you invested in a cnc machine etc or will you be making these to order or in batches?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post

Your not answering my question have you invested in a cnc machine etc or will you be making these to order or in batches?
                            Frankly, it doesn't really matter does it? We've already established that you won't be interested in them either way so anything else is just arguing for arguments sake. I'd like to keep the poll open if at all possible to find out which would be most popular. Personally I'd really like a TM body at some point and I hope that statistics supports that... Would you do me a favour and let me find out please?

Comment

Why, oh why does a simple poll thread always turn into a bickering match? It's REALLY boring, especially when some people are only trying to be helpful and others are just simply being bell-ends.

I would vote for the TM Recoil since, as has already been mentioned, people with PTWs generally have the moolah to fork out for real parts/have others modified. Though, having said that, if the sale of the Recoil receivers went ahead and they were a great success, maybe some thought could be given towards the PTW/CTW owners out there?

Comment

Seriously people chillax.

Why does every damn thread that has "PTW and SOPMOD" together in it have to turn into a slanging match. Keep it on topic please gents and less of the abuse.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X