WE to release ICS clone that's TM compatible & uses aeg mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE to release ICS clone that's TM compatible & uses aeg mags

The ICS AK74 seemed to be a bit like that, the body kind of a layer of plastic with an outer layer of metal.

Comment

I don't know how te process works but a few yanks have said the same. If I'm right then great, if I'm wrong then it means yanks are thick and I'm happy with that too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stevey293 View Post
        @ £150 a go
        PI$$ ME!!!!!!!

I dont own one and never will but didn't know that they were that expensive!!!!

I shall stick with WE or ICS....lmao

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
        I don't know how te process works but a few yanks have said the same. If I'm right then great, if I'm wrong then it means yanks are thick and I'm happy with that too lol
        The yanks hate everything, and know sod all, the ICS M4 is metal through and through

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
          The ICS AK74 seemed to be a bit like that, the body kind of a layer of plastic with an outer layer of metal.
          Hardly a bad thing though, the plastic makes it more shock resistant while the metal gilding gives it a nice finish!
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Plainly a copy of the ICS system but they tried to make us all think it was similar to the Systema PTW due to the colour coded uppers.

I am not that impressed to be honest, though I welcome the move towards a standard TM set up with less propitiatory parts than the ICS. The new ris front end though, not sure about that. Looks a bit iffy.

I think it is fair to say it has potential, something ICS ought to have done years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              It's probably just super low density "metal"

Comment

Still looks like a PTW rip-off to me

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo View Post
                  Still looks like a PTW rip-off to me
                  nothing not even the screws can go in a V2 or 3 gearbox from a PTW gear box. he says 80% of that gearbox is standard parts...

PTW has a unique hop system that dosn't even look similar to a normal AEG hop chamber. this one is again standard parts.

magazines are completely different.

PTW motors are completely different to the type of motor in this too

yeah i'll give it it has different cylenders like a PTW but thats its only similarity. id even bet the bodys are diferent sizes pretty sure the barrel lug on a PTW wont fit this.
                  Originally posted by B.E.N.
                  Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

They improved ICS. The ICS split gearbox in front of me is just a gearbox cut in half, where the upper on this is closer to TW's. It follows the improved tappet plate that's completely incorporated into the cylinder. Also, the lower gearbox has been boxed in, where only parts that need to be protruded are, like the PTW, so that no crap can find it's way inside easier. But then again it does defend both ICS and TW's, it's just going to be point scoring for either side.

Comment

While it's not a PTW at all, it is looks (at first glance) to be a significant improvement on the ICS split gearbox. The ICS Gearbox is very loud, which I think is due to how the upper just rests on the lower, but still has some play to it. These seem very sturdy and snap-in quite firmly, hopefully reducing the noise of the gearbox overall. Time will tell I guess.

If you drop in an ASCU into the lower, you'd end up with a fairly close replica of a Systema setup, obviously not the same quality, but at least something the rest of us can afford :P

Comment

I've said it recently and I'll say it again, WE seem to have really upped their game recently in terms of quality.
                        I'd put my money on this AEG coming out for less than £200. Considering most of their pistols are around 10-20% cheaper outside the UK than they are here, I really wouldn't be surprised that they could sell it for that kind of money.
                        Looking forward to buying one!

Comment

im looking forward to this releasing. i think it looks quite nice and the rails are sexy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thomo Find out more about Thomo
                          Working...
                          X