Collapse

SOPMOD PMAGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah mag works fine, it just doesn't lock back???

Why is that bit in 2 parts? Does that effect the locking lever?

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Re: SOPMOD PMAGs

Pretty sure the follower needs to be hinged like that in order to get round the turns in the BB track, it'd just jam and get stuck if it wasn't hinged the way it is.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I think that's right it needs to track correctly. Bit stumped why it wouldn't be working unless its not had enough trimmed off. Done a fair few now. Is your Sopmod working correctly with other mags?
          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Ill have a look, only ever used the pmags to be honest. Ok so it sounds like I need to take it apart and remove the blu tack from the hinged part. When I tried to get it back into the mag it just kept falling apart.

Confused! Ill take pics of it apart and maybe you guys could have a look and advise.

Comment

It's a pain but it does go back. Pics a good idea.

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357159694.363685.jpg

Here's a picture of the levers. They are done. The vital one now moves past the corner of the plastic step easily.

Ill try and reassemble without the blu tack! Here goes nothing!

Comment

Ok it was the hinge being blu tacked. It works now! Yeahhhhhhh

4 mags to go

Comment

Phew! Good man, getting worried there.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Does anyone know if these are OK in the HK416D, I would think they would be but just want confirmation before ordering some. Also has anyone had any recently and they have worked without having to mod?

Comment

Absolutely fine in the Next gen 416, it's exactly the same mag well and internal mechanism.

Comment

Thought that would be thanks for the confirmation.

Has anyone got any recently and not had to mod them, or are we still on old stock in the UK?

Comment

Nope, brand new ones in stock if you get them from the right retailer, no modding at all with mine.

Comment

Only tried the ones I modded but all good.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fil Find out more about Fil
                              Working...
                              X