APS UAR501 Urban Assault Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APS UAR501 Urban Assault Rifle

Huh, looks like APS have invented, and released, this bullpup rifle - correct me if wrong, but it doesn't seem like any current firearm. Kind of based on the Magpul PDR idea I guess, a compact 5.56 but cheap...and made up. Takes STANAG mags, and uses a hybrid V3 GB. Interesting, but ugly. Only $190 or so. Thoughts?

Re: APS UAR501 Urban Assault Rifle

like a steyr aug mixed with a pdr, Ill pass.

Comment

Should have made it into a Keltec RFB or similar:

Comment

its different but I think your right it is ugly but i suppose from an engineering point it will be very sturdy
        sigpic
        Take Your Hit

Comment

It kinda looks like the bastard lovechild from a Tar 21, a Steyr AUG and an FN2000 gangbang.

Comment

I can't quite make my mind up on it... I think... "think" I like it... It's one of those that you'd have to have it in your hands to decide...
            CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              i dont normally make posts like these because im poor and i have 5 guns already i need to get rid of but I WOULD BUY THE SHIT OUT OF THAT GUN! make it happen!

Comment

I was thinking it looks more hera pistol conversion kit with a bigger stock. Given that bullpups normall look interesting even when ugly, APS have managed to perorm a most unique act of making the most boring looking bullput ever if not the most boring looking aeg ever.
                It looks like the output fom one of those iphone "free gun designer" apps popular with forum sigs of 13yr olds.

Comment

I don't mind the look of that to be honest. My main concern would be the build quality - I remember some retailers singing the praises of the first APS M4 rifles and their build quality etc... The same retailers then ended up offloading them at a discount because of poor internals (think it was something to do with triggers and switches) and high numbers of faulty returned products. If they've sorted those issues and the price is right, I might be tempted!

Comment

Shame it doesn't have their new gen ebb gearbox in it. There's supposed to be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                      Shame it doesn't have their new gen ebb gearbox in it. There's supposed to be amazing.
                      I hope its better than their old one. The triggers seemed to be the big problem.

Comment

If you want something intersting I'd like to see some of the Kel Tec guns copied as AEGs. Their 5.56 pistol is rather interesting and he do a curious shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post

Is it just me or does that Keltec bare more than a passing resemblance of the XL64 nee SA80 prototype?

Bolt on the wrong side obviously.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

It made it on to The Firearms Blog, so it must be catching some attention:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...airsoft-maker/

Reaver
                            "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

i really like it! time to save :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X