Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APS UAR501 Urban Assault Rifle

i really like the trigger on it.

and currently own an aps raptor, had to file down the mount for the semi linkeage in the gearbox, that was it, never skipped a beat, and is a lovely gun, but is loud! so no worries from me about buying from this manufacturer, i even quite like the design of it, but as previously stated, it does look a lot like a glock carbine kit
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

No ebb no sale. Otherwise I like it.
      Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

While I hate it I am going to put a thought out to anyone interested. Since it does not represent a replica of any known firearm is it classed as a RIF?

Comment

Lulz, so it begins.

My understanding is "it looks like a real gun" (even though it isnt)...

I'm probably as wrong as possible though
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
              While I hate it I am going to put a thought out to anyone interested. Since it does not represent a replica of any known firearm is it classed as a RIF?
              Yes, it imitates the form of a firearm, so it's a RIF.

Comment

Air Rifles also take the form of a gun, so do some harpoon guns for that matter. I'm not arguing, just pointing out that the legislation that restricts us so much seems to fall flat on it's arse every day.

Comment

Hmm looks pretty funky, if it was GBB that would be awesome!

Comment

I feel it should be a rif, but legally I imagine it falls outside of that the same way the thunder maul does. It is not a realistic imitation firearm if the firearm does not exist, that is if you take it literally. I imagine it will be at retailers discretion.
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                      Air Rifles also take the form of a gun, so do some harpoon guns for that matter. I'm not arguing, just pointing out that the legislation that restricts us so much seems to fall flat on it's arse every day.
                      air rifles are firearms, just unlicensed if under a certain power... they cant be a RIF if in the eyes of the law they are a firearm

as for if it is real or not, it is if it can be perceived as a firearm, which is why the atrocity that is the two tone pulse rifle, exists
                      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                        I feel it should be a rif, but legally I imagine it falls outside of that the same way the thunder maul does. It is not a realistic imitation firearm if the firearm does not exist, that is if you take it literally. I imagine it will be at retailers discretion.
                        The Thunder Maul is an RIF, no? I see Two Tones ones about.

Comment

Yes there are two tones, but I bought one when they first came out when I had no ukara, and the retailer explained that yes it looks realistic at distance, but as it did not replicate any real world weapon they felt it was ukara exempt.
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

i dont care if its a rif or not..i still want one.
                            -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                            -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

yep the vcra terminology is a bit grey, but basically it comes down to whether a bog standard member of the public would think its a gun when viewed at close range.............which could mean a banana, with stickle bricks pushed in to it & then sprayed black could be construed as a rif.........i know, what a crock of shit.
                              as for the aps bullpup, i like it, the fact that its not based on a real steel gun isnt an issue for me, if it works well & isn't a fortune i'd consider one.

Comment

On second glance it looks like a magpul version of the famas.
                                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X