Collapse

KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this a while ago and think its been out in the US for a while. It looks like a horrendous airsoft abortion.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

Umarex MP7....Now with M4 style stock for thicko's who can't get used to using something different.

What is it with M4 style stocks appearing on everything,Iv'e seen them on 249's,G36's and AK's even a god damned mp5.

Comment

I'm gonna hazard a guess it is because it is the most widely used platform in the US and muscle memory plays a big part in weapon handling / safety.

Without wanting to be mean to our cousins over the pond, a typical US grunt is not exactly known for smashing "Mastermind" with no passes.

The less they need to learn again the better. (That is their ethos on this sort of thing, not me being mean for the sake of it) As that is on sale in the US, that will be the reasoning behind it... adding a bit of Americana while reducing the amount of added learning in it's operation.

Comment

Where does that crossover to airsoft exactly?

Shows how much Umarex gives a toss about airsoft/ers if they are prepared to back that shite along with the VFC over KWA.

Comment

The US is a bigger market than the UK... they are probably just playing the percentages

Comment

I heard that the new Umarex MP7 AEP are made by WELL... Gawds help us...

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                The US is a bigger market than the UK... they are probably just playing the percentages
                That's great, so because yanks get wet pants over an M4 sliding stock the rest of the world, real steel or airsoft alike are forced to have it on every gun, even if it looks like afterbirth!

Comment

Kill it with fire, I can see a pattern appearing with Umarex AEGs, their UMP is a bloody abortion as well.

Trades or not, people will not buy crap and that is exactly what they are churning out. Buy low, sell high, Airsoft by Alan Sugar.
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Some of the manufacturers just don't seem to understand... SEXY GUNS SELL!!

But having said that, airsofters are a fickle bunch... there are numerous threads about realistic trades, weights, dimensions, GBB recoil and the like and this one is most likely based on some US real variant and he we are saying how awful it looks.... which it does.

The totally collapsable stock was part of the point of the original MP7..... Small enough to be concealed, powerful enough to do the job, light enough to be used as a pistol, stable enough to be used as a mid-range rifle. This version will make it a decent mid-range rifle at the expence of the other 3 options. A step back if you ask me. (which none of you have, so i am sharing my opinion with you anyway )

Comment

That stock is worse than those bent FAB visor ones:

Comment

Ok, a little clarification from KWA on another forum. In response to a few people saying they're annoyed about the situation a KWA not explaining themselves.

'We apologize if it seemed that way, but It was beyond our control. We negotiated with the best intents but in the end Umarex holds the worldwide HK license and can do whatever they please. For those with KWA HK products, rest assure that spare magazines will be available through Umarex'

So it seems we will still be able to get mags, lets hope they are still the same manufacturing process and great quality as before.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm betting its still KWA manufacturing them, if its through Umarex.

Comment

Hopefully. It's only when a company like angry gun make a mag to compete with KWA's that you realise how good a lot of KWA's GBB stuff is.
                            sigpic

Comment

The reason for that retractable stock abortion has nothing to do with the US market or even the somewhat preposterous claim that those customers wouldn't be able to handle the retactable stock.

Simply put, it's a market stall-grade POS, which Umarex slapped a big H&K logo onto, raised the price by about 50-75%, and then marketed as a "realistic replica". No surprise that it's made by Well/Bell/BE/Galaxy/[insert generic cheapsoft name here].

There is no "US variant" of the MP7 - for that matter there is no MP7 in the US for civilian owners, due to a variaty of complicated reasons (BATFE). There aren't enough military users (or users of the MP7 in general) in the US to justify either the production by H&K of a variant with a silly stock, or for that matter, an airsot replica of that very same obscure model.
                              The reason it has that weird stock and grip is, simply put, because it's cheaper and less complicated than the original H&K design to manufacture, as a fixed retractable stock is by far easier to make than a spring loaded retactable compact stock and folding grip, the latter replaced by a cheap and cheerful rail.

This is normal Umarex sales practice: get a cheap POS, sell it to morons with only a vague idea of what an MP7 looks like, reduce costs by any means possible, increase profits artificially by inflating price.

While it's sad to see KWA is having these issues, that does not preclude KSC form doing the same, though last I checked their online catalogue no longer had any of their H&K series.
                              I hope someone takes up the reins from them soon, as I would like to have spares for my USP, or a suitable replacement platform by another manufacturer.

Comment

So it cause of Umarex that we don't have any decent GBB MP5s on the market? If that's the case why are AEG MP5s so widely available?

I hate this trademarking BS.
                                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                                Working...
                                X