M1 Garand AEG and ICS Rifled 40mm grenades at SHOTSHOW 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M1 Garand AEG and ICS Rifled 40mm grenades at SHOTSHOW 2013

I was looking at the video on Youtube talking about these at the Shotshow.

they supposedly have a range of near to 100m! surely our versions are gunna have to be powered down as that's going to be some serious force getting it to that distance; think about taking one to the chest at close range because the user 'panicked'
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Airsoft Lad View Post
      think about taking one to the chest at close range because the user 'panicked'
      "Take your hit bitch"

Thud

"So did he take his hit?"

"I will ask him when he's stopped gasping for air"

I do want some of these as it will make Gl's more than a big shotty

Think of the cost though for a new set up.

ICS revolver launcher £130
      18 Shells min to make it worth taking, lets go cheap and say £40 each = £720
      New projectiles, im going to guess that they will be minimum of £2-3 each time = £36-£54

That's £886-£904 for the starter layout. :O

Comment

If you mentioned to a marshall at the beginning of the game that you are using these new projectiles they could ask people during the saftey briefing to hand them in after getting shot by them or are they strickly one use even if you find them and clean them up? Would be cool to rock one of these but I guess its the same reason why you rarely see 6shot moscat launchers in game, just too damn expensive as a primary and too big/bulky as a secondary.

Comment

The chance of these grenades being legal in the UK is precisely zero, and UKBA and Plod will be all over anyone who tries to import them like a rash - I'd put money on it.

Comment

K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Had a quick look on google. Is the new ics m1 garand 6mm or 8mm bb? Is there any news on a price or release date?

Comment

It's 6mm, and they're on sale in the UK now, apparently.

Though a lot of people are disappointed by the oversize mags that won't fit in Garand belt pouches, so they'r waiting to see what G&G comes up with.

Comment

Been on sale for nearly a month, but the only retailer in the world doesn't have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                  The chance of these grenades being legal in the UK is precisely zero, and UKBA and Plod will be all over anyone who tries to import them like a rash - I'd put money on it.
                  Yep, the minute these were announced the Home Office started to decide what category of projectile they would fit into. I would be amazed if we get them.

Comment

re; the gerand, ive only found one shop selling them, even the US shops still have them on preorder... that said, i bought mine this morning so should have it tomorrow as its only coming from peterborough. cant wait

then to look into bringing it up to around 500fps :D

looks like my ww2 armoury is really coming along, my BAR and ppsh are going to have a new friend. should have kept my thompson
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

My ics garand arrived today. See the comrades in arms website for mini review.

Comment

lol, i didnt even know G&G were making one

*Wow, just seen the price that a uk retailer has it up for sale at, I certainly wasnt expecting it to be that much, wonder if the plastic bodied one will be much cheaper....

Comment

First this gun has been upgraded to 350 fps and haas new mauri hop rubber in it so fingers crossed it should have no issues with firing burst or full auto. As discussed before the spring was too weak. For those who don't know the garand was downgraded to 300 fps and it caused the gun to burst fire or go full auto. The original gun was firing at 390 fps.
                          So this is my first review so be gentle.
                          It was bought from a well known company in the UK and arrived in good time. The box is a box. The goodies with in are to first sight rather nice. Small bag of bb's, stick style loader, old skool baby,cd and two magazines. The gun itself is full wood with that nice Lindseed oil smell. It's not as heavy As I expected andthe wood is god knows what. It is slightly bigger than the real steel garand around the grip. Now this is not a problem for me as I prefer it to last a while rather than snap first outing it gets.
                          A real steel bayonet will not fit, why?, well this leads me to my first and main gripe why, oh why is there a 3 mm gap between the barrel and the gas return. Have you not seen a real garand ICS. Because of this the bayonet won't fit. The lug is the right size but the 3 mm makes it impossible to slot the retaining ring over the barrel. BOO, is what I say.
                          So cosmetically it's kinda a garand. The mags fit into a cartridge belt but you can't lose the flaps. The fit into a bandoleer, so at least you have a method of carriage.
                          The woodwork is a very nice rich brown. With some more applications of oil, it should darken very nicely indeed.
                          The trigger guard is post war, so not a lot I can do about that. Again a pity a bit more time wasn't spent on research. So the fact it's got ww2 on the box is actually wrong. It Korean War but again I can live with that.
                          It's well balanced and the action on the cocking handle is very smooth.
                          It is fully traded on the rear, with us rifle, Springfield armouries cal .30 M1 and a unique serial number. No stupid chinglish mistakes which really would have annoyed me.
                          The swivels for the sling are bigger than they should be but not so much as they look out of place.
                          Battery space, well a large battery may be a squeeze but mini or lipo batteries will be fine. Oh the MOSFET is very close to the mouth of the battery compartment so take care when placing or removing a battery.
                          Magazines, well what can I say. No prizes for astethics but they fit and are secure. Releasing the is via the button on the side. This button also locks the faux bolt in place so you can access the hop up dial. Which is huge BTW.
                          The wood fit is ok. Mine has got a 2 mm gap between the front swivel and the rear wood. I may be able to fix this with a damn good whack.
                          So to make this a very good representation of the M1 the following things need to be fixed.
                          1. Find a way to fit a new gas tube
                          2. Change the sling swivels
                          3. Find away to replace the Korean War trigger guard.
                          Once these are done its a very fine gun indeed. Is it worth £385?
                          I don't know, I've not been left with that oh my god feeling, in fact I'm left a little cold about it. So going out on a limb, I'm going to say no its not worth the money. It's good but it should have been so,so much better.
                          Now I wait for the G&G M1.
                          Now I know I should be thankful but I'm going to play my last remaining slightly ungrateful card and say ICS take two hundred lines, I must do better.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                            If you mentioned to a marshall at the beginning of the game that you are using these new projectiles they could ask people during the saftey briefing to hand them in after getting shot by them or are they strickly one use even if you find them and clean them up? Would be cool to rock one of these but I guess its the same reason why you rarely see 6shot moscat launchers in game, just too damn expensive as a primary and too big/bulky as a secondary.
                            The gas resevoir part stays in the tube but launches a pyro warhead. So yeah single use but an awesome idea, love the look of them but sadly as over excited as I got cant see them being used here. I think ICS would suddenly have record GLM sales on their hands if these were made legal.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                            Working...
                            X