• Show
Clear All

• S&T AR-57

Someone has finally got around to doing this awesome piece of kit :D

I'll be getting one once it gets reviewed
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: S&T AR-57

O.o burn it with all kinds of magic!
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

So p90 mags but also still a magwell underneath?

Comment

At last! and the RS AR5-7 ejects the fired cases through the mag well

Comment

ROFL

Are they seriously suggesting the use of a Redi-Mag STANAG hi-cap on an AR-15-based gun that loads P90 magazines?! That's amazing logic right there. In what insane parallel universe would someone buy an AR-57 and put a Redi-Mag hi-cap on it, instead of buying literally ANY OTHER AR-15 (the only exception I can think of is the Ares Shrike) and put a normal hi-cap in?!

Ahahahahahahaha, this is comedy gold, I literally can't stop laughing!

Comment

its S&T so itll be shite though.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

hopefully can use the magwell/empty mag as a custom batery case. no limmits on stocks or need to use a battery peq that way.
              might look a bt odd having 2 'mags' but i msure ive been told the RS version uses empty mags as brass catchers
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The real ones actually do look pretty nice with M4 mags in them (loads of RS users don't like leaving the magwell empty it seems) if I got one (and I never would) I would have to re wire it and use a hollowed out M4 mag or something to house a lipo.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

They are making THIS but I can't get a HK G11... What a weird world..

Comment

I would have said that there would be room inside that colossal upper for a butterfly LiPo, but it looks like it'll have a stock tube one (judging by the way the wire-stock version has a picture of what must be an AN/PEQ-15 battery box on it). In my opinion it will look ridiculous with both a P90 and STANAG - maybe you could cook up some sort of 'half mag' that didn't protrude any lower than the lower edge of the magazine well or something to contain a really small battery. To be honest the place to put a battery is definitely a LiPo inside the upper, around the barrel. S&T obviously didn't because it must be hard to get to, but it can't be impossible.

[EDIT]Thinking about it, isn't it a bit dangerous to use a STANAG as a brass-catcher on the real thing? There's fifty rounds in a P90 magazine - I will concede that they're smaller than 5.56x45mm NATO brass, but there's just no way you're getting more than thirty into a STANAG when they're just being dumped in there rather than stacked, and they'll foul the bolt once they're piled high enough. Plus, the AR-57 is a straight blowback gun, not a DGI gun like the regular AR-15, so surely the cases are ejected along with a considerable amount of gas and dirt, like any other straight blowback weapon. I wasn't aware that it was such a smart idea to vent gas into a STANAG. There must be less gas escaping from the ejection port than I would have thought (probably because of the much smaller powder load in 5.7x28mm).[/EDIT]
                    Last edited by PureSilver; 9 May, 2013, 13:26.

Comment

I beg to differ myself Pure on the looks...

Comment

Nah. It just looks too much like a regular AR-15 in that configuration to put up with all the added annoyance of P90 magazines (large, unwieldy, hard to find pouches for, expensive, ergonomically in completely the wrong place for fast reloads) and the inconvenience of having no top rail space and a non-ambidextrous charging handle. An AR-57 doesn't make much sense as a RS gun, and makes even less sense as an airsoft gun, so the only reason you'd have one is for looks - and if you're going to run it for looks, in my opinion you don't do it half-assed:

Comment

I agree with you there, the S&T version looks utter gash and it has no practicality in airsoft. In rs people just like the AR platform and 5.7 rounds so I guess that is the niche there.

Comment

The real one is ambi - s&t have gone for the prototype (as all airsoft companies love doing). Puresilver - DGI fills the bolt area with crap as well :P
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                              ROFL

Are they seriously suggesting the use of a Redi-Mag STANAG hi-cap on an AR-15-based gun that loads P90 magazines?! That's amazing logic right there. In what insane parallel universe would someone buy an AR-57 and put a Redi-Mag hi-cap on it, instead of buying literally ANY OTHER AR-15 (the only exception I can think of is the Ares Shrike) and put a normal hi-cap in?!

Ahahahahahahaha, this is comedy gold, I literally can't stop laughing!
                              I'm so glad I'm not the only one to find this hilarious.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                              Working...
                              X