Parcel Force now accepting airsoft guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parcel Force now accepting airsoft guns

The law defines these as "imitation firearms" or "realistic imitation firearms" - that's what you should be sending them as and nothing else - certainly not "toy gun" as I've heard people say before.

Sean... The truth of the matter is there isn't any documentation that says "Imitation Firearms" are acceptable for carriage... It does however say the following that I'd quoted, post 23, previous page.

"all firearms... including imitations... are also prohibited"
    Also see this:-

Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.
    I am asking PF what Imitation Firearms and Realistic Imitation Firearms are defined as by Parcelforce. Of course, these weapons we use are under the power levels quoted above, but they are specifically for air weapons hence why they give that defintion.
    It would not be accurate to state that Airsoft guns are air weapons.

EDIT:- Had two phonecalls from PF today, their "firearms" team. Basically it's gone to Head Office as an answer couldn't be established.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I fully explained what mine was to them.
      Explained it was an Airsoft gun, also known as a realistic imitation firearm.
      She asked what ammo it used and how it fired its rounds. (Pneumatic compression in the grand scheme).
      She put it down in the low powered air weapons category.
      Guns for sporting use, that is what it is.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
        Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.
        so does that rules out CO2 or any gas powered pistol,smg, rifle or shotgun
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I seem to be under the misapprehension that AIRsoft guns are defacto AIR weapons, correct me if I'm wrong, but, being as the form of propulsion is in fact air, why cannot yhese be classified as such?

Comment

Wow, what a hoo-har from Parcelforce. Must've been in touch with about 10 different individuals now as there's just so much information people aren't aware of or haven't got a clue about in their company.

The Update...

These weapons are still defined as imitations by Parcelforce, however, the information I've given is being passed onto their legal team who's going to make their own interpretation of the relevant section of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.
            I have been told by a representative from Head Office that their Technical Department will, after given the info from their legal team, update their website to clarify the information on their website.
            I have specifically told them they need to mention "Airsoft guns, defined as Imitation Firearms and Replica Imitation Firearms in the VCRA 2006, are acceptable for carriage".

Until the update to their website is in place, I have been told to simply label these as "low-powered air weapons" and they ARE acceptable for carriage with this definition. Have also been told that it would be a very good idea to physically label, on the exterior of the package as close as possible to the Delivery Address, what the contents of the package are. Stating that the package contains a "Replica/ Imitation Firearm(s) prohibited by the Sections 36-41 of the VCRA. The buyer has provided proof that they are entitled to purchase this weapon and details of their VCRA exemption are listed below. Until Parcelforce update their terms, they are classing these weapons as "low powered air weapons" and are acceptable for carriage when sent via the correct conditions".
            If that information is on the package then you shouldn't have any issues with carriage, even to Northern Ireland.

Finally, remember there are certain conditions that you must adhere to in order to send these as low-powered air weapons. These are quoted below.

• 1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
            • 2. These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g. www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).
            • 3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).
            Good luck chaps. I've expressed the importance of updating their website in a very timely manner considering the delicacy of the issue, being firearms. Any confusion now should have been subsided.
            Unless we find that the legal team has made some crappy interpretations and Parcelforce eventually says "no". In which case the sending of long arms would be quite difficult. Oh and also remember that if you pay using Paypal for any "firearms" purchases, you're not covered for buyer protection as these are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy.

Hope this helps. Gaffa

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Whats the chances he still leaves a failed delivery notice?
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

That's the new box to tick on said delivery notice. Parcel is :
                • Waiting in your local delivery office,
                • With your neighbour at ---
                • Inside the giant truck in your living room.

On topic though, good news on PF . Well done Gaffa for persevering!

Comment

Good news guys! Royal Mail have changed their rules! They used to let us post airsoft guns- but know they will let us Post airsoft guns!
                  "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

i might be able to help with a few issues ive seen here, i actually work for post office as a sub post assistant,
                    my office has been accepting guns for the last year as we know they are sporting goods,

when ever ive spoken to PF on the phone they accept this and as stated will only allow them sent 48hr service.
                    this service covers you for £100 compensation.

this is where they screw you over with it, if you make a claim or compo with PF or royal mail, you will need to prove how much the item is worth along with your proof of postage, failure to provide either results in the claim being cancelled.

proof of the items worth is usually an invoice from an ebay sale, proof of how much you sold it for.

if you under insure a package for the inccorect amount, and try to make a claim, they will not pay out anything.

eg. item sold for £120
                    item insured with 48hr service £100
                    item missing
                    claim put in with invoice with proof of sale and how much it was sold for
                    item was under insured
                    claim cancelled.

royal mail are the worst for this, always use the correct service but with airsoft guns with PF, just hope they dont go missing or damaged,

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to double post, for got i saw a question about gas guns

they are fine to send and the magazines providing no gas is in the guns, mags or in the package at all

1 in 3 packages are randomly searched, when you post an item you agree to this happening,

we have to ask " for the purpose of safety, please tell me whats inside the parcel "

if you lie and send something your not ment to, and they find it, the parcel is destroyed and you will not be able to claim any compo as you broke the rules,

please read what you can and can not send in the post, normal batteries is a big one at the mo

every day i deal with people trying to get money back for a parcel not arriving, when asked what was in it they said they lied and sent something theyy shouldnt of, they probs got caught and it was destroyed

when making any claim you have to prove what was sent as well, list of the package contents, its a mine field these days
                    WE BABY HI-CAPA 3.8 x2, TM COLT PYTHON 2.5", HFC HG-132, JG M4.

Comment

Hi guys,

apart from parcel force, is there any other courier we can use to post a RIF?

Thanks

Marco
                      Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

Use any courier you want.

Just know you'll be in breach of their Terms and Conditions/ Conditions of carriage/ etc if you do, and likely won't have any compensation if things go wrong. At worst, a package can be destroyed.

Comment

So how is the parcel force stance on worldwide shipping then? I've got to ship something to the US, and I don't want to be getting into any issues with customs. To be sure, it's not actually an airsoft gun, or even a body, it's an M4 Daytona Gun kit - that is; a moving bolt, spring and a few other parts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thingy I like guns me Find out more about Thingy
                          Working...
                          X