Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

gun found in drain, airsoft must be band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gun found in drain, airsoft must be band!

Jreally? an mp5?!? the best thing ive ever found in a skip must be a fluffy teddy. :L or a lawn mower. i live in such a NICE PLACE. its full of friendly old people.

Comment

Father-of-two Barrie Slade, 32, who lives in the Tuckswood area of the city, had popped out to get some shopping from the store when he noticed an item stuck in the drain in the car park behind the store.

Mr Slade, a chef, completed his shopping before coming back out to further investigate what might be down the drain.

He said: “I went back to take a closer look and thought to myself ‘it’s a sword’, so I moved the drain lid carefully, pulled it out and it was a full-size samurai sword – it looked as if it had been down there some time.

“I thought it was a bit strange. Why would anyone dump a sword down a drain when there are official places like police stations where they could take them?”

Mr Slade said he was shocked to discover the sword down the drain and called police so they could take the weapon away safely.
      This interested me more. Really? A katana in a drain? I bet he was paraphrasing when he said it was a bit strange.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I found your mum behind a skip once.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBauer8 View Post
          I found your mum behind a skip once.
          Ohhhh! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! That ownage!

Sorry, couldn't resist...
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Nothing drives me up that wall more than this.

People worrying about 'airsoft' being banned whenever the news mentions a RIF.

Airsoft will NOT be banned.

A lot of people forget that RIFS are already illegal to sell and import, the defense you enjoy will not be revoked.

Comment

That Somerset Ninja must have moved to Norwich - stockpiling weapons in the towns sewer system like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

There's always that one guy who takes Z-Day prepping too seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinglebat View Post
                Nothing drives me up that wall more than this.

People worrying about 'airsoft' being banned whenever the news mentions a RIF.

Airsoft will NOT be banned.

A lot of people forget that RIFS are already illegal to sell and import, the defense you enjoy will not be revoked.
                sorry mate but this post is not very helpful as airsoft as we know it will essentially be banned. (the revoking of the defence) to be honnest, either way it will be devastating to the sport. so the fact you referred to people worrying, they have the right to be.
                J

Comment

The article doesn't even mention airsoft so why would this have any significance for the sport. There are far more things out there (and on here) that will endanger the sport. If the Press don't highlight it, let's not do it for them!
                  "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

The G36's.....there's a name for the airsoft band :p

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                    Originally posted by Mike581
                    L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                    Originally posted by mark2191
                    i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                    "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Originally posted by jakeas View Post
                      sorry mate but this post is not very helpful as airsoft as we know it will essentially be banned. (the revoking of the defence) to be honnest, either way it will be devastating to the sport. so the fact you referred to people worrying, they have the right to be.
                      J
                      Why on earth would it be revoked?

RIFS are illegal and a small minority of people enjoy a defense.

This article had nothing to do with airsoft.

A RIF was found in public and quite rightly people got worried.

The VCRA came in because if incidents like this. There's not a chance in hell that the defense would be revoked.

And how can they legislate banning a sport? Airsoft will never be banned...

Comment

the sport relies upon the fact of our guns looking realistic... right? i mean, if your magpul M4 had to be painted bright green i think it would ruin it a little bit. dont you? then same would happen to every poor suckers prized guns in the UK if the licence were to be revoked. no defence for an RIF, no more "realistic" airsoft. not destroying the sport, but ruining its classic style. i posted this to try and get the point out that, as you can see, this article is a load of rubbish. no need for it what so ever. so why report it? the fact is, the general public are scared of anything that resembles a gun. i doubt that the ukara will revoked in the close future, but we could probably expect a tighter and more secure way of keeping our guns. such a system as the current shotgun licence might come into play, involving locker and a official checking every now and then. i mean in no way to argue, just mean to push a point.
                        J

Comment

Knowing me I would have fished it out give it some wiping with a anti bac wipes found what it takes (6mm or 4.5) and go home with it!

Comment

Well you'd better move to scotland then mate, they want to license air rifles (and presumably by extension airsoft guns) there.

There is no point licensing something that is already illegal to buy (as that would require re-writing the VCRA), especially when you can just buy air rifles with ID and an address.

As I've told you before - if airsoft rifles were licensed I'd buy an EOD suit and skirmish in that with real air rifles.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Jake. Just as an FYI...there's no such thing as an airsoft "Licence."

Another thing is, you're only young and I'm going to make the assumption that you live in what others may perceive as a privileged area? If you think the fact that a gun being found in a drain is "A load of rubbish" then you need to pull your head out of your back passage. 99.9% of the general public wouldn't have clue one about airsoft. They do, however, know what a gun looks like.

I can tell you that here in Liverpool, street gangs use gutters, drains, tops of garden walls etc to "Store" real firearms. They do that for ease of access should a rival gang encroach into their "Turf" and the poor lads have to engage them in combat at short notice. Google "Rhys Jones" as I'd also imagine you may not know what happened to the poor kid? If someone had seen that gun and reported that "Load of rubbish" then he might well have survived.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Oh and also Jake - RIF ownership isn't illegal, if they removed the defense for purchase I would just settle down with my one ar and a large selection of spares. You know, a spare upper, a spare lower, a few spare gearboxes, that kind of thing

Sent from outer space
                                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeas Find out more about jakeas
                                Working...
                                X