Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hephaestus Custom: Thunder

Hephaestus oddity.

Looks like a mash up of AKS74u,L85 and Norinco QBZ-95B.

Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Its a Groza Ots-14.
    You dont know how long a lot of people have been waiting for a GBB version!
    (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTs-14_Groza)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Hephaestus Custom: Thunder

Ots-14

Nice to see a GBB bullpup.

Wonder if they'll do the barrel extension with foregrip. Kind of necessary if you want to be able to hold it 2-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Its a Groza Ots-14.
        You dont know how long a lot of people have been waiting for a GBB version!
        (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTs-14_Groza)
        LOL are you kidding me?

With all the P90s,Famas,AUGs gbbr we're waiting for,there's a lot of people who've been waiting for this?

Oh come on
        Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

That things horrible. Like the bad love child of the SA80 and AK47

Comment

More unique rifles in airsoft, bring it on!

I want GBB rifles to be so cheap that they become common place and allowed at most game sites (still cant believe some sites ban them, mental!)
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Will people stop saying "it's a cross between X gun and Y gun" - It is simply a bullpup AKS-74u. Nothing to do with a P90, Steyr AUG, L85A1 etc...

It is an acquired taste, mainly held by Russians/Enthusiasts and S.T.A.L.K.E.R lovers.

I'd prefer an AEG version though, simply so I can demolish it and stick a Polar Star in it.

This is as close to an AEG as there is:

Comment

Isnt that from arnies? I remember seeing a post about it a while ago.
                But if someone can make it a GBB we can sure as hell get a Gearbox of some sort in it.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

It's from Atacka, made by Rasti Sudovsky.

Comment

The only way GBBRs are going to be affordable is if they're simplified and use AEG mags. Something like a cheap clone M16 with a WE glock 18c modded inside to act as the bolt with a gas line connecting the upper frame of the glock to the full stock which allows you to lock in a 700ml bottle of abbey ultra and some form of adapter that looks like an AEG hop unit on the bottom but has feed lips on the top. Not much kick at all and wouldn't have very realistic internals but it eliminates £40 GBBR mags and the gun shouldn't cost too much either.

On topic; I don't see why THIS is made as the first GBBR bullpup instead of an SA80 but it is kinda cool.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way GBBRs are going to be affordable is if they're simplified and use AEG mags. Something like a cheap clone M16 with a WE glock 18c modded inside to act as the bolt with a gas line connecting the upper frame of the glock to the full stock which allows you to lock in a 700ml bottle of abbey ultra and some form of adapter that looks like an AEG hop unit on the bottom but has feed lips on the top. Not much kick at all and wouldn't have very realistic internals but it eliminates £40 GBBR mags and the gun shouldn't cost too much either.

On topic; I don't see why THIS is made as the first GBBR bullpup instead of an SA80 but it is kinda cool.
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                      WE already make a GBBR L85.....
                      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

- GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Mmmmm gbb groza. Oh yes please.
                          Originally posted by tackle
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Well, that's my first GBB rifle.

Proto - yes, people do want this. And no - I don't want crappy AEG mags. I want gas in mag, no stupid gas lines, mags as heavy as the real thing fully bombed up. And I want the UGL for this as well.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

'Affordable' is not the same as 'any good', it would appear. Gas-in-magazine rifles have numerous key advantages over gas-in-gun rifles - for a start, they're much, much more realistic. If your gas has to be stored in the stock of the rifle you have to use a full stock to have a decent capacity (say fifteen magazines' worth in a full A2 stock) which most assault rifles these days don't actually have. The AR-15 platform moved to adjustable and even folding stocks ages ago (M4, HK416, LR300) which can't store gas at all, and so did the Kalashnikov - the folding mechanism means that even something with a cavernous full stock (e.g. an AK-74M) can't store gas in it without exposed hose. Storing gas elsewhere in the weapon (e.g. in a sealed handguard) dramatically limits the customisation of the weapon (not a popular thing in airsoft) and pushes up the expense. You can't switch to a warmer gas reservoir with gas-in-gun weapons like you can with GIM weapons, which promotes cooldown. Worst of all, it's not safe - the gun can still fire with the magazine removed, which GIM GBBRs can't, so it's not safe unless it's emptied of gas - which when you've got a lot of gas in there is wasteful. Your magazine idea is also iffy, to be honest - it still means buying proprietary magazines (expensive) but also means relying upon feedlip-feeding, which is nowhere near as reliable as sprung feeding. The way to really cut costs would be to use simple AEG magazines (which you certainly could) but then the hop-up unit would occupy the area of the 'bolt' exposed by the ejection-port of an AR-15, which would ruin the realism of the gun.

GBBRs are expensive and unreliable but they are realistic, in appearance, construction and operation. Take away that realism and what you have is a gun as unreliable as a GBBR but as realistic as an AEG - it doesn't matter how cheap it is, that's not an attractive weapon to anyone. Have a look at how the Umarex-licensed CO2 MP5Ks are doing to see how popular gas-in-gun weapons are these days (hint: not well). If you want a GBBR with AEG magazines, buy a DaytonaGun conversion kit and be done with it, don't mess around trying to squeeze gas reservoirs in places they don't belong.

As someone's mentioned above, WE already make a GIM GBBR SA80 (including conversion for A2) and have demonstrated preproduction GIM GBBR P90s, too. This isn't the first GBBR bullpup.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Desert.Express Find out more about Desert.Express
                              Working...
                              X