Collapse

It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

If any one is interested it looks like the prowin ak hops will fit the uar.
    Iv ordered one and will confirm when I get it.

Si

Comment

Re: It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

I've got a UAR and while I haven't skirmished it yet this news is somewhat troubling to me. My PMAGs don't feed in it but do fit. The gearbox is fine and is somewhat shimmed (not perfectly but not much wobble). I did replace the crappy motor in it for the one out of my Real Sword SVD, it now actually has decent trigger response.

However, after reading all this it looks like I'll stick the VFC self-shimming gears into it and buy the new nozzle + adaptor for midcaps.

Thanks for the info sigee.

Comment

Good news guy's !!!!
        My "improved" nozzle arrived today and it actualy works !!.I can now empty mag after mag of .20 and .25 bb's without a single jam.
        I got it wrong.The original nozzle is actualy too long.
        It looks like APS took the original nozzle and shaved a mm or so of the front of it and then re did the champfer or what ever its called.
        Sorry I didnt measure it as I was in a hurry to see if it worked but I am guessing that they just changed it from an Ak Long to an AK Short.
        Any way if you have access to a sander I would just sand a mm off and see what happens.

Redhawk you can adapt you mags or magwell to fit your mags check youtube or google for loads of help.

Si

Comment

I had one of those eureka moments earlier.
          To fix the jamming issue you can remove the plastic clip that holds the barrel in the hop unit and cut/file off the tab that stops it being put in backwards.
          Then put it in backwards.This moves the barrel forwards about 1mm -1.5mm .
          Now the bucking doesnt stick out into the feed tube and the gun shouldnt jam....SORTED !!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sigee Find out more about sigee
          Working...
          X