Look real, sound real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look real, sound real?

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but it's a fairly recent development as far as I can make out?

How realistic do we want our RIFs to be? Would people actually be interested in using something like this on a game day?

it looks to be a sound amplifier in the RIS mounted grenade launcher.

Actually, how dim am I? I googled it, and it's pretty much everywhere! It is fairly recent though.
    Last edited by BAMF; 17 November, 2013, 13:11.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Re: Look real, sound real?

this sparked a massive bitching session over on a Facebook group. Basically one person thought they should be banned as it would mean it would damage their hearing but they would refuse to wear hearing protection.

Personally, I think it's a gimmick. I wouldn't buy one at all, if I was going to add something with that much weight and look to my gun, i'd add an M203/M320. Its more functional! I don't really care for the sound it makes, wouldn't add anything to my game. Plus I expect it to be a 3 figure price tag minimum....

I don't think these will take off either, I cannot see there being a massive market for them. But thats my view...
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I thought that. If you were playing CQB, it could possibly be quite damaging to one's hearing.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Possibly, but then again we play with large volumes of pyro? Granted pyro goes off less frequently than this could. But then equally, you buy a mesh face mask as you don't want to lose teeth, you can buy a set of SureFire Ear Pro defenders from a well know site (non airsoft, think name of a river) for less than £20.....

I wonder if this would be able to keep up with a upgraded gun with a higher ROF? Either on semi or full auto?
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I don't care what people think I want this on my GPMG along with "dadios" home made light and smoke generator.

Comment

The PEQ one looks to be more practical and less bulky to lug around if you're playing CQB. If it were priced under a hundred quid I'd be interested, I think it would add that extra element of realism.

Comment

Ho. Lee. Crap.

YES, YES, YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

Comment

A peq version I would be interested in but carrying around an M203 for the sound system? Not so much.

However I do feel like it could add alot to the game as the sound of 20 sewing machines doesn't quite make you feel like you're 'at war', so in that regard I do think it's a good idea.
                sigpic

Comment

One of these on a Recoil Gun would be great.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                    One of these on a Recoil Gun would be great.
                    Awwww Yeeeah!

Comment

I like the idea, but a 203 is a little large.... PEQ box version would be great.... maybe the speaker in the RIS of a M4.... obv you would then need a rear wired m4
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I saw this video a few days ago, I welcome the idea myself, although I wouldn't have the M203 as a sound system, but as all things techie today, It's only a matter of time before the technology gets smaller and more compact. As for the CQB scenario, yes I can foresee many H&S regulations appearing, but hell for woodland and outdoor, why not.

Comment

Forget peq box, think along the lines of a large torch :-)
                          I for one miss the sound of real firearms, and welcome this with open arms.
                          however the room for abuse would be annoying

Comment

I was watching a video of this, at the end there was a 3D cad model, I'm pretty sure I saw a gas charge port.
                            So gas charge to make the noise?

I'll quite happily use this thing though, it looks awesome.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

If I was next to someone who had one of these in their airsoft gun it would piss me right off.

It's bad enough that we have to muffle our senses as much as we do with wearing your standard airsoft protection, without having to add ear plugs to that list as well. Sometimes your hearing is all you have, I don't want to have to disadvantage myself further because someone's strapped a bloody amplifier into his stock/grenade launcher/PEQ box to make it sound 'reel'.

Just get a gas blowback and learn to maintain it if you want noise.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BAMF Self-proclaimed King of airsoft (No, not THAT guy!), ageing Professional and keyboard warrior! Find out more about BAMF
                              Working...
                              X