Clear All

Re: Look real, sound real?

well you wouldnt know about this as its only for L337 players
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I had trenchfoot, after a two week exercise on Soltau at close to -40 many moons ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by the_monkey View Post
        Id rather spend the money on more games, better kit and other things that affect my gameplay.

I think it would affect game play, this would keep heads down, it's a psychological thing, like how people think support guns will hurt more and sniper rifles are magic point and hit CoD sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
          I had trenchfoot, after a two week exercise on Soltau at close to -40 many moons ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
          well you must be L337 as me
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I'm not so sure about the fear factor. Once people get used to it, it'd be just another day on the field.
            I'm confident using sound modules would dramatically change the game dynamics however.

I'm of the opinion that if someone wants to shoot, they should consider the noise their gun makes. This is already true concerning GBB guns, albeit not quite as much as this.
            People using these would have to position themselves correctly, be relatively accurate, and hit enemy players quickly... lest the wrath of a thousand angry dildos come down on their heads.

It'd be even more significant if everyone was using them. Every shot would be an exposure, completely altering movement and shooting reactions throughout the game.

Hi-cap heroes would be punished for their shittiness, their weight of fire would paint a giant red bullseye on their backs.
            Support weapons would actually become support weapons, sticking to the middle and rear to lay down greater volumes of fire.
            Snipers would have much less time to take out wandering players before their opponents click on and easily dig them out.
            So on and so forth.

This could only be a good thing for airsoft, depending on how or if it takes off. If people weren't at all concerned about a certain degree of realism; then they'd be playing paintball or throwing rubber balls at each other.

Feck it I'm buying one. Say no to angry dildos.

Comment

Like the concept but not keen on having to wear Ear Defenders/Plugs, could see you getting snook up on and shot/stabbed from behind due to lack of awareness:-(

Comment

So long as users stuck with real cap magazines then I wouldn't mind this as much, support guns with box mags excluded obviously. When it comes to realism you can't have your cake and eat it.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

It's not a bad idea, in woodland sites it would be a great atmosphere!
                  Probably best if they were banned from CQB sites.
                  Also have to think about noise pollution, some sites are too close to houses for certain pyro so using this would be a big no there.
                  So I would probably contact your site to see if you'd be allowed to use it.
                  Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Might of missed it but what is the decibel reading on it?

On the video the sound is mega enhanced.

Comment

For those with delicate ears

http://youtu.be/7pdWAcK6Eh8

Personally, it does add a bit, but the thing I want in terms of realism is greater range, with, say 100m + as standard, then upgrading for more. With your average aeg struggling to get anything accurate much past 40 or 50m (on a good day, with the wind behind you), that is the holy grail for me.

However, I know it is possible with a G3 with £800 worth of upgrades, but not as standard.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I must have one ..
                        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I think this would be a brilliant concept (with some minor changes - half the volume).
                          Other than pyros, sound seriously lacks in airsoft. The sound of gunfire would make for a completely immersive experience. Let's face it, we all want 99% of the real deal minus the pain and blood loss!!!
                          Yes hi caps would get annoying but they'd get found out very quickly
                          Also you could sneak up on a lot more people under that gunfire and those with mock silencers would FINALLY benefit lol
                          sigpic

Comment

ppl would still buy one of these and then slap a suppressor on it.... (and yes i know they dont make real steel silent, unless its a .22 on match lol)
                            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

i play CQB mainly, but would love a PEQ version at 50% of the current sound. I'd probably pay the fees too sadly lol
                              Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

As Rifleman Lizard points out, if all players are using then it could really up the game. More tactics, less spray and pray types. Would like to see/hear a larger number (20-30) in operation together to judge possible noise hazard / pollution.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BAMF Self-proclaimed King of airsoft (No, not THAT guy!), ageing Professional and keyboard warrior! Find out more about BAMF
                                Working...
                                X