Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM in the UK

hey folks,
    did anything ever come of that rumour about Cybergun ( I think) claiming loads of trademarks etc, thus preventing TM aegs being available to UK suppliers? Reason I ask is I have recently enquired about a couple through a very well known UK supplier and they responded by saying they can no longer import TM aegs into the UK. Im waiting on further details from them as to why but does anyone else know anything?

Re: TM in the UK

It's because TM are not ROSH complaint who are starting to crack down on UK retailers. Individuals can still import TM AEGs just not retailers. Guess a lot of people might need to get used to gas guns soon lol.

Comment

Im sure 2 or 3 large retails have just had a big re-stock of TM guns (as in the last 2 weeks) zero one included? (they have the VSR back in stock at least).
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Yeah Zero One have restocked loads of TM in the last few weeks, so it can't be a widespread issue.

Originally posted by WolfyGriff View Post
        It's because TM are not ROSH complaint who are starting to crack down on UK retailers. Individuals can still import TM AEGs just not retailers. Guess a lot of people might need to get used to gas guns soon lol.
        I thought that Japan went along with Rohs a certain amount, what hazardous substances would a TM have in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
          I thought that Japan went along with Rohs a certain amount, what hazardous substances would a TM have in them?
          Copious amounts of pixie dust in the hop chamber, it's a powerful hallucinogenic.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

As far as I know it's too do with the soldering. It just covers the AEG's so gas and spring guns are not effected.

Comment

ROHS covers 6 main chemicals in electrical goods. I forget all their names though.

It includes lead solder, but also it could be the anti-corrosion coating on the screws that hold the pistol grip on or the gear box. Although it covers "electrical goods", it is not necessarily electrical components.

The screws that hold your washing machine together could be inspected as they are part of the electrical product.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                Copious amounts of pixie dust in the hop chamber, it's a powerful hallucinogenic.
                So thats why their hop up is so good!

Comment

My supplier has just ordered £50k worth of TM stuff

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

It's to do with Rohs certification, I think - the problem isn't whether or not the guns have the actual substances in them (they don't - like WolfyGriff says, I think they're pretty much illegal in Japan too) but whether or not TM or the importer are willing and able to certify that the guns are Rohs-compliant. TM won't certify them to Rohs standards because their guns aren't supposed to be exported (as a condition of the licensing of the IP involved in making replicas) which means someone downstream has to carry the can. That takes time and costs money, and it's a pain in the arse to organize - one retailer has been making a fuss about it recently because one of their shipments (not sure if it was TM or not) was held up or even rejected altogether by Customs for exactly this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                      Yeah Zero One have restocked loads of TM in the last few weeks, so it can't be a widespread issue.

They probably ARE compliant, just not certified.

Comment

The law changed in Feb of this year too.......

If Zero One sell the gun, it is their responsibility to PROVE it's compliance. It should be as easy as insisting the certification comes from manufacture and is fit for the UK. But if the manufacturer cannot / will not provide that certification then the troubles begin.

For sake of argument:

Z1 buy a container of guns. They should be supplied with the certification. If it has not come from the factory the shipment may get stopped and tested. Tests vary in price but I believe it is between £120 - £500 per item. If the random selects fail, all may be tested. The seller (whoever has them seized) is liable up to. £5k fine PER ITEM.

Before February of this year it was only those brining into the EU were responsible. A distributor such as ASG based in Denmark would need to do all of this background work. Zero One or any other retailer buying from them would have been absolved of blame, but this is no longer the case.

This ruling only affects businesses (or individuals clearly out to make a profit on bulk buy discounts)

The irony is, 100,000 players could bring in a gun or two each with no issue. But a retailer bringing in 10 guns could go bankrupt if they fall foul of the ruling.

I am not looking to scaremonger, but expect a dry spell in some manufacturers in the UK why all this is sorted out.

The upshot of course, UK airsoft is just a small blip on the global scale. It may be cheaper to not build ROHS compliant stuff and quit the UK market altogether for manufacturers in the Far East.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfyGriff View Post
                          My local retailer said this is why they do not stock TM AEGs.

Comment

What guns DO they stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Esoterick View Post
                              My local retailer said this is why they do not stock TM AEGs.
                              If that was the reason, your local retailer would have approximately no guns in it whatsoever since I don't recall most other manufacturers being especially bothered by Rohs compliance (let alone certification) either. There are other, more compelling, reasons for not stocking TM's weapons in the UK, particularly the difficulty in getting spare parts for weapons you're obliged to warranty. That said, I think it's more likely that the reason your local isn't stocking them is that they can't get them.

[EDIT]B.E.N., we have to stop saying exactly the same thing in the same minute, it's getting creepy.[/EDIT]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crimeblitz Zombie Death Squad - Team Founder Find out more about crimeblitz
                              Working...
                              X