Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

I'm not jealous. No, seriously I'm not. Now, how do I find your home address....

Comment

What is this mag fix you speak of...and hopefully i'll be picking mine up friday

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'm torn about this gun.

On the one hand I want something cool and new, such as this. But what a ball ache to take the thing apart. The video mentioned above was informative, yet slightly worrying at the same time.

I've got £500 burning a rather large hole in my pocket at the moment.

I didn't pre-order, I was planning to see how the first production runs went first. Might be a TM recoil instead for me.

Comment

Just work the two retaining arms / springs either side of the mag feed port. Will make sense when you see one.

Shamus

Comment

For you guys who have received yours, what size mag pouches do you think are good to go with? I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that mine arrives before AI500 so I am trying to get the extras sorted just in case.

The mags look too big for mp5 pouches, I've got a tonne of WAS m4 double mag pouches kicking about, potentially could I get 2 or 3 mags in one pouch? My kits all a-tacs au so buying the scorpion specific pouches isn't an option either financially or aesthetically.

Comment

I have some double mp5 pouches and hoping they'll fit in those.

Comment

I got a refund from my preorder and have now gone with another retailer and managed to get a last order in for an Evo arriving in store today (hopefully)

Comment

It's a brilliant little gun, perfect size for CQB. And considering it's so small with a short barrel it's extremely accurate even on burst/auto.

Overall it's a good weight and the weight is perfectly distributed with the majority of it over the hand grip, leaving the front light and easy to adjust.

The materials seem very well constructed, the plastic is very durable and looks like it could take a beating. The hand grip has a nice almost rubberised feel to it and grips well.

Everybody is now aware of the magazine issue that is only present in the very first batch. After a quick conversation with a ASG tech I did the fix myself in 10 minutes without having to get the retailer to do it.

The hop is very effective and I found I only need 5 clips of hop with Blaster Devil 0.25g ammo.

The firing action sounds nice for an AEG and it's quite loud. And even though it's not EBB it does have more of a kick to it than all my other AEG's. I wouldn't worry too much about the shimming and lubrication that people have been concerned about, and if you do have any issues the 12months warranty comes into play. Opening up the gearbox yourself is probably a bad choice and may void warranty.

Burst mode is a lot of fun! And the trigger response in semi is brilliant. With very short travel and being somewhere between a TM recoil and a PTW. (Remember it is using 11.1v lipo)

It's hard to find anything I don't really like about if I'm honest. Maybe it's a bit fiddly putting the battery in properly with it sometimes catching on the bolt lock if done incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
                    Everybody is now aware of the magazine issue that is only present in the very first batch. After a quick conversation with a ASG tech I did the fix myself in 10 minutes without having to get the retailer to do it.
                    Care to elaborate on this mate?

And agree, its a keeper

Comment

Which bit the issue or the resolution?

Comment

resolution mate,

Comment

It's really simple.

You press in the button at the bottom of the mag which lets you slide the bass plate off.

Then you press out the single pin that is now visible.

You then slowly push the inside of the mag up so the top part sticks out through the more, releasing the feed lips and the springs. (TIP push it very slowly and only push it as far as you need to go. as in dont push the whole mag through)

Then you should have the 2 feed springs. You need to just bend the long straight edge of the springs slightly more outwards, so that the angle is greater and creates more of a V shape.

Then just reassemble as it was before. (TIP if you had taken it apart slowly you can see how everything was positioned to copy that when putting back together.)

Comment

She's arrived!

uploadfromtaptalk1406722766915.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406722775112.jpgu

Excellent trigger response,

Single is proper snappy!
                            BURST is amazing.
                            Auto is very good too.
                            Solid build, no wobble and a good weight to the gun (heavier than i thought)

Selector switch is very good. Tbh its all good. Very happy.

I haven't done anything to the mags yet, they seem alright

9/10

Comment

i went to an airsoft site today to check it out,they had them on sale £320, anyway it so happens that i had my credit card with me,and you know one thing leads to another,and an hour later im walking out the shop,with a new scorpion under my arm......

its a lovely gun two things that im not happy about,the ambidextrous selector switch on mine is not in sink with each other, and more importantly the 18mm-14mm adaptor that i got with it is counter clockwise,and my tracer silencer isnt
                              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Anybody got any extra mags yet?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                                Working...
                                X