Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asg scorpion evo 3 a1

Tbh im the same, but this is more of a case of do i want to spend 10+minuts getting a battery in the gun or do i put a bulky box on the side which wiuld save me 10 minuts of hassle?

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I used a WE 11.1 nunchuck, two sticks in the main body, one stick in the forward part. Fits ok. The only problem I ever had was trying to get the front body to marry up to the rear part because they are so tight.

Comment

So i used the Evo today. Very impressed with the results. 3 rnd burst is a very neat feature and is incredibly accurate. I was defending a bomb crater today and managed to get 5 kills on burst with one mag. Trigger response on semi was brillaint too. One thing which is frustrating is the mag capacity, 75rdns just isn't enough when you have a snappy and responsive gun. I only have 4 mags at the moment and plan on getting at least 3 more when they become available.

All in all, fantastic. It puts my other guns to shame (r.e. Trigger response and accuracy)

Mine has an upgraded spring to 315fps so it would be good to hear from someone with a standard cqb spring.

Comment

Anybody has issues with the gun sometimes only firing a 2 round burst? Could it have something to do with me only using a 7.4v LiPo?

Comment

As Shamus said the best battery is the WE 11.1v Tri-leg Lipo. Just make sure you position it right and it won't stop the bolt.

Once you know what you're doing it takes about a minute to change.

Comment

Or just go with what the manufacturer recommends? ASG tri leg lipo.

Comment

11.1v *

Comment

Originally posted by louish118 View Post
                  So i used the Evo today. Very impressed with the results. 3 rnd burst is a very neat feature and is incredibly accurate. I was defending a bomb crater today and managed to get 5 kills on burst with one mag. Trigger response on semi was brillaint too. One thing which is frustrating is the mag capacity, 75rdns just isn't enough when you have a snappy and responsive gun. I only have 4 mags at the moment and plan on getting at least 3 more when they become available.

All in all, fantastic. It puts my other guns to shame (r.e. Trigger response and accuracy)

Mine has an upgraded spring to 315fps so it would be good to hear from someone with a standard cqb spring.
                  I was using the standard spring and a 7.4 lipo at battle lakes the other week, the marshall doing the chrono reckoned it had the best trigger response of all the guns that day, as for power it was running at 270ish and it gave me no problems, the only issue was whilst defending a landrover, an enem player ran up to it to place the "bomb" so i put a triple tap into his chest but i think that in the moment he didn't register the hit as a second later he threw the "bomb" into the landy. If my gun was running at 320 would it of stopped him? Possibly, do i actuly care as my team had defended the landy (first objective) for almost 40 minutes in a 45 minute game? No. So im happy as it is tbh.

May get a 11 tri lipo leg as people say it fits though.

L.

Comment

Yeah wait until you use it with an 11.1! And i do believe the installation instructions are inside the box and on asg's website

Comment

Yeah i never got the box as i got the case so it went straight in there, but today i checked asgs website and read up on battery instalation so im going to see how that goes tonight.

L.

Comment

I've used one, and whilst it's an awesome gun I really don't like the design of the mags, the BB retaining nubs snag on pouches far too easily - see here for my thoughts:
                        http://airsoftoperator.com/review-asg-scorpion-evo-3a1/
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I use sa80 single pouches and dont have a problem with snagging.

L.

Comment

I've never had snagging issues, i double my mags up too.

Comment

Nice review but I was unaware of ASG making 48rd mags for it? And where did you find the magazines for £25-£30 each? I can only find them in packs of 3 for £49.99.

Comment

Shun the non-believer! Shuun, ssssshhhhuuuunnn!
                                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                                Working...
                                X