Chinese clones making a return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese clones making a return

I have recently noticed people have started to be getting small supplies of chinese clones again, notably cyma. This obviously means we will probably see the chinese clone industry fully up and running again after christmas. So what is your opinion on the return of chinasoft?

Re: Chinese clones making a return

hoooray! we dont have to put up with SRC g36s anymore!
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

my Cyma AK AIMS is a fantastic performer, and is a fearsome force to be reckoned with when going up against stanndard M4/M16 aegs!

Comment

Hopefully they hit the market with some new contenders, much against what some people think, A&K were the first to bring us a full built LR300 (not the kit by Prime) which was differant.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

The biggest result of clones was to convince manufacturers as there was a market for lower priced guns and that not everyone wanted to pay out Yes Money for an AEG. Therefore we now have companys like SRC stepping up, and companys like ICS producing sportline versions.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

to be honest, i paid 135 quid for my jg g36k and my mate paid over 300 for his ics m4. i threw another 60 quid at my gun (motor ect.) and he wants one instead of it.

his broke, mine didnt. i have higher rof, bigger mag capacity better accuracy. although he has better range. (my new barrel will fix that though)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

CYMA was already part HK based, JG shifted entirely and someone else had enough links with real steel manufacturers to survive the crackdown.

It wasn't as big a problem as it was mde out to be really. You can get a LOT of guns in a shipping container.
              Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

And what perfect timing the chinasoft industry has. I've got my big workhorse gun sorted, now I'm after cheaper guns in styles I've always wanted.

Such a coincidence that I have a spare hundred quid or so lying around with nothing to do, oh dear...

EDIT: Really hoping this picks up soon, wouldn't mind one of the higher end CYMA or DBoys AKs as opposed to scraps, unbranded 'licensed' stuff on the dirt cheap or £300+ guns or GTFO

Comment

good , it opens a wider variety of guns for all again. plus i may be tempted to pick up a cyma AK for a backup gun to take some anger out and put some nice artifical wear on without worrying about the price

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    A&K were the first to bring us a full built LR300 (not the kit by Prime) which was differant.
                    actually, ZM gave us the first fully built LR300, but in limited quantity (300) followed by G&G, then A&K brought them out. Will be good to see JG stuff again though
                    sigpic
                    Mercs Boss
                    Armoury:
                    ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

Be good to see some innovation from them, they were starting to break out some differant things.
                      As a sidenote, when I ordered my A&K LR300 (when they first came out) the only ones available were the Prime kits and the A&K version, the G&G was due for release and followed shortly after.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Some of the later CYMA stuff, with the improved gearboxes was brilliant, so i welcome their return.

The JG G36c and JG Aug Military were awesome, way above what you would expect of a clone

It does annoy me when fools turn up with stupidly hot guns though, thats the downside of (some) Chinasoft
                        Newsh

Comment

YES! Now I can get on with my AUG A3 DMR!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                          A brain?
                          Originally posted by snuff
                          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                            hoooray! we dont have to put up with SRC g36s anymore!
                            Don't let jfox hear you...
                            Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by Newsh View Post
                              Some of the later CYMA stuff, with the improved gearboxes was brilliant, so i welcome their return.

The JG G36c and JG Aug Military were awesome, way above what you would expect of a clone

It does annoy me when fools turn up with stupidly hot guns though, thats the downside of (some) Chinasoft
                              Hear hear on the first two points. I really liked alot of clones, especially because they had a habit of releasing rare guns a week after TKOS had forked out thousands of pounds for one, which is just comic gold.

But they did open up airsoft to a branch of people who would have never forked out the necessary cash before hand, which was a good thing. It also meant that people could expand armouries without hundreds of pounds. On top of that, cheaper world war 2 guns and vietnam guns opened up those areas of airsoft to people who would have normally been scared away by the base cost.
                              But best of all, the successful cheap clones (£90 for a new JG MP5A4 anyone?) meant that other brands like TM and CA couldn't be extortionate (or rather, shops couldnt charge a fortune for them), and their prices went down. You may well notice that over the past year, prices have soared up again, and I can't help but feel that the disappeared chinasoft has played a part in this.
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                              Working...
                              X