X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOL @ Ai500

Originally posted by big_al View Post
    in all fairness they are offering to refund anyone who booked ferries etc. to come from abroad
    Not saying they wern't after all, but still a massive ball ache so late in the day !

Comment

I'm defending the Ai guys as it is no way their fault. Also no one seems to have mentioned their partners, the world of airsoft.

They are also giving refunds as mentioned and paying for any ferries or planes tickets bought. They are also giving free Revision Sawfly's to people asking on the forum, I personally have asked for a lanyard.

On another note, they are already in talks with a new site and are planning to hold it around November.

Just checked their forum and they have announced the new site. It is going to be F&O's Anzio Site. Booking in will be on the 5th of November and they have dropped the price to £70 in stead of the original £90.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
        well as ive been there twice,it could be that they thought the site was large enough for a big event, they may have assumed that most of it would be available....this site although very big,has a lot of restricted areas, maybe they could not have those areas made available due to health n safety....and they didnt have the time to rectify
        Any event organiser worth their salt would have, before advertising, conversed with the site owner and have a written agreement in principle on available areas of a site. They then would have discussed the viability of running the event before advertising it to the genreal ******* *****.

The official line is a poor explanation too. If I had paid up to go, I would have I think I would have expected a fuller explanation.

playing devils advocate here and I dont infer this is actually the case but what if...

They had done all of the above and tendered the game out to the public, not enough funds and players is the result, and as such they pulled the plug on purely financial grounds.

I am not for once suggesting they have done this, but it is another alternative reason to those published.

However. By what has been said on Ai's forum and FB sites I would like to think what has actually happened is that, after agreement for the vent was made ares of concern over H&S were made and quite possibly the owners refused to act on recommendations for making the site safe so AI pulled the plug.

It would be highly irresponsible of them to continue in light of using a dangerous site. The fact that they have in all likelhood found another site and reduced payment seems to point in that direction, and fair play to them fo doing something about it and not just cancelling the event end off.
        Last edited by jfox61; 25 August, 2010, 12:15.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
          Any event organiser worth their salt would have, before advertising, conversed with the site owner and have a written agreement in principle on available areas of a site. They then would have discussed the viability of running the event before advertising it to the genreal ******* *****.

The official line is a poor explanation too. If I had paid up to go, I would have I think I would have expected a fuller explanation.

playing devils advocate here and I dont infer this is actually the case but what if...

They had done all of the above and tendered the game out to the public, not enough funds and players is the result, and as such they pulled the plug on purely financial grounds.

I am not for once suggesting they have done this, but it is another alternative reason to those published.

However. By what has been said on Ai's forum and FB sites I would like to think what has actually happened is that, after agreement for the vent was made ares of concern over H&S were made and quite possibly the owners refused to act on recommendations for making the site safe so AI pulled the plug.

It would be highly irresponsible of them to continue in light of using a dangerous site. The fact that they have in all likelhood found another site and reduced payment seems to point in that direction, and fair play to them fo doing something about it and not just cancelling the event end off.
          I'm now almost certain the reason the access to the Harold Wood site was a combination of two factors. Until somebody tells me for sure, I'm not going to broadcast it.

Anyway, I just received this directly from an AI staff member:

New Site confirmed for the Ai500 November 6th-7th.
          FIRST & ONLY SITE: ANZIO CAMP (West Midlands, Leek, Staffordshire)
          No restrictions whatsoever and there's a nice camp site over the road - so no skanky hospital!

Comment

Theres nothing on F&O's forum about that yet.
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
            Originally posted by N3ADS
            Is this you talking from experience ?..
            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

ah balls just seen the new date theyve picked, Im away somewhere else that weekend, so looks like no Dark Harvest for me =/ Dont fancy sennybridge either, looks like theres a severe danger of people taking airsoft too seriously there... so no big airsoft events for me this year then... unless theres anything else coming along soon?
              Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 August, 2010, 00:44. Reason: language

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                looks like theres a severe danger of people taking airsoft too seriously there...
                Not really, I went to the last one and it was cracking. Airsoft at its best.

Comment

I dunno, all looks a bit too die hard milsim for my liking.

Comment

I know where Tiercel is coming from. I saw a few vids on YouTube of similar events. If they're anything to go by, it does look very serious. In the briefing they make it seem like the fate of the free world rests on your shoulders.

Comment

you could come to IED in sept cracking E&E event
                      They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

And only £30 am I right?

Comment

yes mate , great weekender, 24hr milsim. hunting down an evader force in cerri forest. Or you can go as an evader
                          They say that SOG was born from ex-Delta operators, only the best make the grade. Teflon warriors need not apply.

Comment

I had looked at that, but none of my friends are interested

Comment

Originally posted by merpol-sniper View Post
                              you could come to IED in sept cracking E&E event

looks fun, but the Ai500 weekend was the only weekend for the whole of september my flatmate has free, for the rest of the month hes on watchkeeping duty, so were pretty buggered. D:

Comment

we rock up 8 or nine strong mate as one section, last time there was 4 or 5 sections vehicles, lots of pyro, lots of night action. Oh and a group of crazy scouers that was the **** ******* group ;-) now that was fun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crotmate Find out more about crotmate
                                Working...
                                X