Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The dragunov is back!!!!!

Nor is the Atoz...

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey b View Post
      I think this was built for times like these:

Comment

ive had mine for a while now and i love it, mines stock and very very accurate, for a bb gun anyway. its not hard to cock at all.
        for the money its a bargain gun.

Comment

Re: The dragunov is back

I have an A&K LR300 and have no idea what FPS it was as I popped a 1J spring straight in there. Runs beautifully after you warm the hop up. Had it for 18 months and 0 problems other than a worn out hop rubber :D

The Drag though, not a real fan as the draw on it is a pig, plus upgrades are expensive and it needs alot of tuning.

Comment

I sold mine a while back, it was a rare example of a well built one. Chrono at 500 on the dot every time, except a couple where it dropped massively to 499. Hop was an absolute bitch, to fiddle with it involved taking the cover and my scope off though. The cocking wasn't too bad, you get used to it after a while, though I do now have a right arm like a fiddler crab.
            They're pretty solid once you've spent the time to poke around with the hop

I might be tempted to buy another one and build a hydraulic cocking system to mount on the stock...

Comment

Mine should arrive next week, with a nice wooden touch included. And I bought it in Europe, so no stupid shipping or unneeded taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                Come on....

The A&K Metal bodied armalites (actually steel bodied) are very decent, as well as their M249's....

I've seen a Star M249 fall apart before... Does that mean their L85's are pieces of arse? Panoptes... I seem to remember you were an owner of one?
                I've owned both a Star and ARES L85 and they're both awesomely solid. Never owned a Star M249 or any A&K stuff though so can only comment on the one I saw fall to pieces. Things like that kinda put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
                  Needless to say a spring dragunov is like a pump action m4. It's not cool and it's not right

"But still, 100 quid to me would still be a bargain. I have a mate who claims to get 100m kills with his and its stock!"

Just wondering, how old is he? Also, 100m stock for any airsoft sniper or gun in general is quite insane so I doubt a cheap gun like a A&K... un-upgraded... would get near 100m
                  well, i have had a few confirmed kills at 115m. ;D

Originally posted by grey View Post
                  I might be tempted to buy another one and build a hydraulic cocking system to mount on the stock...
                  i would be interested in this.. :D
                  Originally posted by jonnyhal
                  For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                  Originally posted by soulflame2
                  when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

Not sure whether judging distance is your strong point then.
                    Gonnae nae dae that?

Comment

Originally posted by Callum117 View Post
                      Not sure whether judging distance is your strong point then.
                      Touche.

Comment

See, for me this is where I stand....

I've always known the TM VSR series to be the best - not only standard but when fully upgraded. I have to use them as a benchmark.... One that which shoots 90 metres, was seen by myself and that's the longest range shot I've ever seen. That was with 0.4's on a rifle shooting 520.

I'm sure there's a video on Youtube (in the USA?) of a guy testing out the range, where he walks back from the camera or something. That's also a good benchmark for range.

But if you could prove (by video/ showing us/ etc) that an A&K SVD shoots 115 metres, I will honestly, honestly take my old mobile phone to pieces and eat it... (As opposed to eating my hat).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                          See, for me this is where I stand....

I've always known the TM VSR series to be the best - not only standard but when fully upgraded. I have to use them as a benchmark.... One that which shoots 90 metres, was seen by myself and that's the longest range shot I've ever seen. That was with 0.4's on a rifle shooting 520.

I'm sure there's a video on Youtube (in the USA?) of a guy testing out the range, where he walks back from the camera or something. That's also a good benchmark for range.

But if you could prove (by video/ showing us/ etc) that an A&K SVD shoots 115 metres, I will honestly, honestly take my old mobile phone to pieces and eat it... (As opposed to eating my hat).
                          I'm 6' and my friends VSR can hit me at 94 solid paces. That's shooting at around 490fps. He was firing .4s too... His M14 does a similar range.

I think you might be able to arc a BB out to 115m on a back wind, but with no real accuracy.

Comment

Mates A&K m249 fell apart inside so had to get new gearbox etc

Comment

There's a number of guys on here witnessed AND used my DSR with accurate shots of around 95mtrs. My DSR is fully stock with no upgrades to it, not even a tb barrel. This is a high end expensive piece of kit so you would expect some sort of performance from it.

However, I have to remain sceptical of anyone who says their cheap £90 Chinasoft hits anything over 75mtrs with any type of accuracy. And as has been discussed many times on here fps doesn't always = range.
                              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

its 420fps ona .20 i use .30's the guy i hit from that distance is actually on this forum, his name is "jjay". ask him. he was the one i got.
                                Originally posted by jonnyhal
                                For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                                Originally posted by soulflame2
                                when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                                Working...
                                X