Tournament games next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tournament games next year...

God damn I need to join a proper 5 man team!

Comment

Well, you have a little while to get sorted...

Comment

Hahaha. I also have to convince others to do a 2 hour drive each way! Why are so many sites around the edges of the UK!!

And likewise, I would LOVE to do the practical pistol shooting. Not enough pistol only games in Airsoft for my liking! This would probaably go hand in hand with the dynamic handgun dvd on my crimbo list!

Comment

Glad to see more fellow pistol enthusiasts, pistols rock.

Back to the game, I can't wait to see what it's like, my thing is I don't want everything to become a competition, I love it that you can turn up and go gung ho, or turn up and play with a stinking hangover hanging out your ass...

So I hope it stays seperate events and not a regular thing.

Comment

Yeah Pistols do rock, and I just wish I had an excuse to use mine for a whole day, without getting pwned my AEGs all day long!

Didnt take me as long as I thought to get a team together. got a pool of 6 people already!

B.E.N, when does the registering teams open up? Any word on prices/deposits/prizes?

Comment

No solid details on those bits yet mate, but you'll be first to know...

Paul at Ai mentioned £50 as the green fee, including a goodie bag, but I'm not sure if that's been finalised, so don't take it as gospel yet.

Comment

No worries was just looking for a ballpark figure! any idea if thats a team cost or per member cost? No worries if you have no idea though!

Comment

That's a cost per player, but like I said, it's not solid yet so don't take it as gospel...

Comment

I'll take the goodie bag with the gpmg and the desert eagle in please.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                      That's a cost per player, but like I said, it's not solid yet so don't take it as gospel...
                      Of course mate. Just want to get a general idea of cost. I wont kick off when the price is £49.99 I promise

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                        Not for me thanks. As soon as you go down the Tourney route you may as well play paintball. It can already be a downer with over competetive players on walk on days, let alone when there's a prize at the end of it all.

I have had nothing but negative experiences from any hobby I partake in when theres a competition element to it.

RC Modelling competitions, wargaming, general modelling. These are all hobbies I participate in and have never seen a friendly tournament yet.

Still if it floats your boat then go ahead, knock yourselves out.
                        QFT. I play airsoft for fun, even at the NAE I see people getting competitive to the point of the game not being fun, and if your not having fun, or worse in my opinion, stopping others from having fun just because you want to win, then you wont find me anywhere near it thank you very much.
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

@Ben; I know that the site doesn't mention an age limit, just wondering whether you had heard anything? Ill be 16 before april, would be cool to go :D
                          BOOM!

Comment

To the people who dont like it to be competitive think of it this way.

People who ruin a game for you because they act like this will go on to doing things like this and as you wont be there then it will not affect you. It also gives people a chance to show there skills in a game sence that is out of the norm ect.

I cant wait for this, mostly because it will be a chance to hone my skills more and i also get to meat and play with a bigger range of people who i might not have played against before.
                            Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
                            I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

Originally posted by Aeviv View Post
                              QFT. I play airsoft for fun, even at the NAE I see people getting competitive to the point of the game not being fun, and if your not having fun, or worse in my opinion, stopping others from having fun just because you want to win, then you wont find me anywhere near it thank you very much.
                              Well, everybody playing will want to be "competing" since they joined in, so I anticipate everyone will be able to have fun, since they are making their own choices and getting to do what they want.

It's arguably better than a normal gameday in which you have a mix of people playing "competitively" and people playing for "fun".

Comment

Originally posted by GLORYBOY21 View Post
                                i also get to meat and play with a bigger range of people who i might not have played against before.
                                I really hope you dont mean what I think you mean!

I am really looking forward to this. It can be a bit difficult to really get a competitive adrenaline rush in a game day sometimes, and when you do get it, it often doesnt change the dynamics of a game, as some play just for fun, and fun for them means sitting at the back not doing much to contribute. Having a little bit of pressure to perform above the usual and win a prize can be nothing but awesome in my eyes.

We all perform much better with that little bit of competitive spirit! Its built into us. Dont try and deny it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X