'Hornbill' SA80 RIS handguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Hornbill' SA80 RIS handguard

George, special ops I agree with you, but I spent 17 years in the mob, we were banned from altering weapons, only thing I did was make my SLR fully auto when we hit Iraq. This isn't a fashion statement like clothing (still got my SAS smocks, scary looking how little they fetch these days!), this is a necessity because the current arrangement just doesn't work. BAe need to go back to the drawing board again.

But you lot are right, its airsoft, and yes hes done a good job!

Comment

Very sexy. Except for that lime green gripod, that thing is hideous :p

So I'm guessing there's no room for the normal battery in there then? Not even a mini?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post

So I'm guessing there's no room for the normal battery in there then? Not even a mini?
        haha its not green :P just my camera, its TAN but now i got a black one

no it has to hold a LIPO or a external battery box

Comment

Originally posted by jasevx View Post
          The Gripod is part of the problem, to large on the diameter to hold comfortably, and when deployed, raises the weapon to far off the ground.
          I suspect most toms fit them and the Gripod purely because they're issued them and for no other useful reason. The Gripod's a great bit of kit (for standing your weapon on when you're in the cookhouse). Otherwise, it's a just another item to get snagged/caught on stuff. No one really buys into that Costa 'hold my gun like a twat' fashion do they? It's a rifle, not a tommy gun. If you want to ease your supporting wrist, get an AFG. Star-ting to.... rant... must con trol..... self **

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
          Have to agree.

Small LiPo and that's it.

I actually prefer the A2 handgurd, frankly, but I'm just running with the RIS for now.

Comment

the company that sells these does a lipo tha fits in the hornbill handgard, if you look at the photos on their site it shows it fitted, it fits in the bottom of the ris under the barrel.
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

A standard 7.4v, 800/850maH LiPo?

Comment

info and picture on their web site says the following.
                Hornbill Products' aluminium L85 RIS handguard with enough space to install battery, below have a installed Firefox Li-Polymer battery for demonstration [bat_0088], size in 100mm x 19mm x 16mm. .and shows a 11.1v 1100mah 15c lipo
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Yup, just seen that. 100mm is about the longest you can comfortably get in there. Nice capacity although 15C is a little under-powered for my liking so I run with 800/850 maH 20Cs.

Comment

yeah i mean looking at my RAIL system you can fit the battery

Comment

an 850mah 20c produces 17amps and a 1100mah 15 c produces 16.5 amps but the 1100 at 11.1v is considerably more powerfull with its higher voltage than the 7.4v which more than makes up for its slightly lower c rating

Comment

So it is. Missed that. Anyway, please don't shatter my illusion that I'd finally understood LiPos! :D :D I would assume the 11.1v would produce much higher ROF - something I definitely don't want.

Comment

why not just split recievers and put the battery inbetween the pistol grip and the mag well?
                          lipo fits there
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                            why not just split recievers and put the battery inbetween the pistol grip and the mag well?
                            lipo fits there
                            Please tell me you facepalmd after re reading that!

You would have to run the wire round the gear box etc, and charging would be a bitch as you would have to split the gun every time. That and LiPo's tend to be unstable and can explode/combust.

That's why you should charge them in a LiPo baggy in case they catch fire and burn your house down .
                            Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by omgitzjamiiee View Post
                              Please tell me you facepalmd after re reading that!

You would have to run the wire round the gear box etc, and charging would be a bitch as you would have to split the gun every time. That and LiPo's tend to be unstable and can explode/combust.

That's why you should charge them in a LiPo baggy in case they catch fire and burn your house down .
                              8.4 mini fits there.
                              you still believe lipos explode?
                              old ones did but new ones when balanced are fine
                              and in the AA ones it is connected to another wiring loom to convert small to large. so disconnect wiring loom connect battery piece of piss.
                              plus its easier than having to lengthen the wiring and squeeze it through the gaps in the rail.
                              plus splitting the reciever takes seconds to do.
                              so no i dident facepalm.
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

you can get a 2200mah lipo in 7.4v and 11.1v (split type) that will fit in the lower reciever,and sits in the space between the trigger and magazine housing on the g&g /army version.
                                wiring requires no mods as a mini connector is already present in the reciever section before the fuse.
                                to remove one pin and split the reciever is alot quicker than removing the handgards on this version

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marui_Man Find out more about Marui_Man
                                Working...
                                X