Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not a good day for airsoft

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
    First off most people dont even know what airsoft is and nor do they care , So once again nothing will come of it.
    Unfortunately, that's the problem.

The general public see all BB guns the same and don't realise that we spend hundreds (or thousands) on our guns and would never even consider using them illegally. To the public, all BB guns are bought by annoying little chav tw*ts who then shoot each other, cats, passers by and hold up banks with them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
      Midas there was a story a few years back about people using engine bearings from a sniper rifle

There was numerous cat bodys found in fields from It

but damn not a good time for us lot
      My moms part of a cat rescue team (Team cat rescue) They had a cat bought into them with 7-10 pellets in one leg. Total scumbags.

Im not a cat person,but i would have happily broke some bones on behalf of the cat.

Anyway back on to the subject

I think the problem is as said, people using airguns and cheapo reaplicas to do stupid things with.

I dont see the point in only having a UKARA/Defence for airsoft guns.Airguns should also have some kind of defence too.

All you need to buy an airgun is proof that you are 18 or over and to write your address down.

co2 pistols and some rifles are just as realistic looking and more powerfull yet i can buy one within the next half hour of writing this without any hassle

(Note to mods-- I am not moaning about the UKARA.i am simply stating a fact)

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        No idea mate

It's the same as the two American idiots who painted masks on their faces to rob a bank lol
        hehe. Russell Howard, you funny funny man! "And you know what the best thing was? Permanent marker"

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          Unfortunately, that's the problem.

The general public see all BB guns the same and don't realise that we spend hundreds (or thousands) on our guns and would never even consider using them illegally. To the public, all BB guns are bought by annoying little chav tw*ts who then shoot each other, cats, passers by and hold up banks with them.
          Very true...
          If i can put my two cents in,
          basically i've been skirmishing since around 98, but being born in texas (lol) i probably have a genetic problem which requires me to have a large number of guns.

Among them i used to have a collection of the Brocock air cartridge pistols, if anyone rembers them they were .22 air pistols, that had the .22 pellet loaded into a "shell" that was filled with compressed air "shells". So the gun was loaded in much the same way as a real revolver.
          I guess this is what made them so appealing in that they felt more realistic than your typical Sig/glock CO2 air pistol, fantasically fun to shoot, though they weren't cheap! and it was a pain to maintain the cartridges.

unfortunately they got banned back in 2004, because apparently they were easy to convert to .22 Rimfire (i have my doubts as to their ability to withstand a real 22, since the cocking leaver snapped off of one of my revolvers since it was made of monkey metal).
          Either way the figures for live fire conversions were very mis-reported, and in the typical way the UK goverment backlash they were out right banned, and classed as a restricted firearm.

being the honest sort, i handed them loosing ALOT of money, but I couldnt justify getting a firearms certificate and the associcated hassle of secure storage for them. The other option was jail time for possesion :O
          It goes to show what a couple of numpties can do to ruin everyones fun.

Same happened with samurai swords a few years back, but luckily the governent had the common sense to ammend their decision by allowing genuine folded steel swords, and just banning the cheap chinese tat that was flooding the country (i'd have hated to have to hand in my swords)

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
            Very true...

Among them i used to have a collection of the Brocock air cartridge pistols, if anyone rembers them they were .22 air pistols, that had the .22 pellet loaded into a "shell" that was filled with compressed air "shells". So the gun was loaded in much the same way as a real revolver.
            I guess this is what made them so appealing in that they felt more realistic than your typical Sig/glock CO2 air pistol, fantasically fun to shoot, though they weren't cheap! and it was a pain to maintain the cartridges.

unfortunately they got banned back in 2004, because apparently they were easy to convert to .22 Rimfire (i have my doubts as to their ability to withstand a real 22, since the cocking leaver snapped off of one of my revolvers since it was made of monkey metal).
            Either way the figures for live fire conversions were very mis-reported, and in the typical way the UK goverment backlash they were out right banned, and classed as a restricted firearm.
            I used to have one of these.

They was being bored out and having a stronger barrel fitted inside.
            I still dont know how idiots would try and convert soft metal replicas to fire real ammo!! Have you seen a gun explode? its damn scary.

Comment

Its never with airsoft guns though is it... its always some other gun which is more easierly available, i think airsoft is already doing plenty to educate and encourage safe behavour. I mean have you ever seen anyone try to stake there glasses off in game, players go mad at them...

Thats how much airsoft breeds responsibility.. its people who dont play airsoft the public should worry about...

Be safe be an airsofter..

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                Its never with airsoft guns though is it... its always some other gun which is more easierly available, i think airsoft is already doing plenty to educate and encourage safe behavour. I mean have you ever seen anyone try to stake there glasses off in game, players go mad at them...

Thats how much airsoft breeds responsibility.. its people who dont play airsoft the public should worry about...

Be safe be an airsofter..
                Vs how many randomers will you ask "do you know what airsoft is" to their answer..no

we may breed responsibility and safety but thats projected to no one..not the media..not the randomers on the street..no one

If they wanna do something right the government they need to start clamping down on air pistols and air rifles..its a joke that i can walk into a shop and buy one then and there yet i have to skirmish a ass load and pay money to buy a replica BB gun?

Annoying thing is we all moan about how airsoft gets bad publicity but here we are sitting here on our fat lazy bum bums doing eff all about it..not writing to the papers..media whatever...I think we as airsofters if we actually want to get any where in this world with the hobby and sit in the same throne room as paintball we need to start getting the media involved..

media is power

Comment

It doesn't matter how many steps are taken to legitimise airsoft, morons like this will always ruin it's reputation.

People tend only to remember the bad things.

Comment

Personally I don't like Cats.Once one started hissing at me and clawing my trousers (This was 08:00 on a airsoft morning) so with getting fed up of the cat it got a size 9 Steel toecap Up it's Backside.Otherwise i wouldn't shoot them...:D
                    JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

Originally posted by patch View Post
                      Thing is the title in the paper is BB so what are people Gunna think I hope the kids that got shot are ok there is just well words evade me .....
                      As some of you may know I'm new to airsoft but for someone to damage a reputation like that and put peoples lifes on the line is out of order we wear masks for a reason is just out of order !!(rant over)
                      Bb is the metal version the press are talking about
                      Bigger diameter and used in air rifles
                      Nothing to do with airsoft
                      Hope this clears it
                      I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

this is whay i wanted to get the pink m4

Comment

no offence but i can walk 50ft down my street and buy a real gun, for between £150 and £500 cash no questions asked. (i wouldn't)

and my local market sells BB guns (toys) to any one for about £20 cash (plastic tacky things) but to a bank clerk would look real enough.

and i cant stand cats as they s4!t in my back yard and get away with it. but shooting one with anything except a water pistol is cruel.
                          Last edited by tashidelek; 26 February, 2011, 01:52. Reason: editing

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                            Vs how many randomers will you ask "do you know what airsoft is" to their answer..no

we may breed responsibility and safety but thats projected to no one..not the media..not the randomers on the street..no one

If they wanna do something right the government they need to start clamping down on air pistols and air rifles..its a joke that i can walk into a shop and buy one then and there yet i have to skirmish a ass load and pay money to buy a replica BB gun?

Annoying thing is we all moan about how airsoft gets bad publicity but here we are sitting here on our fat lazy bum bums doing eff all about it..not writing to the papers..media whatever...I think we as airsofters if we actually want to get any where in this world with the hobby and sit in the same throne room as paintball we need to start getting the media involved..

media is power

Ah what I was hoping some one to say and by all accounts I agree.

However one such airsofter (movie maker) tried and the forum ( I fully backed him ) shot him down and said don't bother.

People may complain but if one tries people say no point.

The reason paintball is incredibly well accepted in public may be because they openly advertise.

I'm not sure about all of you but airsoft is very to them selves.. To start it I had to find some one already in it or a few hours trying to find the places to go ... Now it's second nature I know where to look- but anyway

Walk into a shopping centre and delta force / IPG/ camflauge have people selling tickets with markers on display ... Yes it may bring more idiots in but the upside is people are more used to it .
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post

I'm not sure about all of you but airsoft is very to them selves.. To start it I had to find some one already in it or a few hours trying to find the places to go ... Now it's second nature I know where to look- but anyway
                              this is true. I had to be introduced to it by a freind. Before that, I was only aware of cheap springer pistols from markets, and if you'd ask me what airsoft was I would have answered "A type of cheese?"

Comment

Originally posted by gezer View Post
                                Bb is the metal version the press are talking about
                                Bigger diameter and used in air rifles
                                Actually, air rifle BBs are SMALLER than airsoft ammo...
                                0.22 inches = 5.588mm
                                0.177 inches = 4.4958mm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

patch Hello my name is Chris I live in reading a member of x-site Find out more about patch
                                Working...
                                X