• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well g96a aw338

Where are these reviews mate

Comment

there not reviews as such, just finding from people that have bought and recieved them.
      one on a american retreat site(but the review/report now seems to have gone ).
      and the other fps quote was from a guy who tested one in the factory in china.
      from what i remeber from the us site, he said build was good,one of the vaulves leaked, and fps varied between 530 and 600+.

the star had the same fps issues,in quite alot of the guns, but was at lower fps
      user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

ill have a full review by 2moz/monday vid will take longer

the build is very amazing, solid and no rattles, bolt slides in and out fine, my valve is toasted, ordered a new one with a pistol i bought so should be here soonish
        Originally posted by bravotwozero
        Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Cool ok, ill probably wait till hobbies that contain a lot of action stock them i suspect a price of around £200

Comment

heres one brief review i found from an airsoft retreat site.

Some information about the AW .338 made by WELL
            « on: July 16, 2009, 12:57:45 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            WARNING: This Airsoft gun is very dangerous when use with Green gas/Top gas. Recommend to use HFC 134a only!

I have just got a branch new AW .338 (G96A) airsoft gun made by WELL, this is very brief information about this airsoft gun:

Outside:
            - 100% clone the AW .338 made by ARES. (The body is black instead of OD as ARES's one).
            - One piece flute style aluminum CNC outer barrel with flash hider (the top of flash hider could be removed to install mock silencer)
            - Sharp black plastic body.
            - Very solid folding stock.
            - Nice finished.
            - So heavy. (5.8kg with scope).
            - So long (1220mm)
            - Designed with 14mm rail and have scope mount base included. The scope mount base have plastic spacer so it could be used for both 25mm and 30mm scope.
            - Big, full side and full metal gas mag (max 24 BBs).

Inside:
            - Very long brass inner (~680mm). (Did not check the diameter).
            - Use AEG style inner as well AEG hop-up bucking.
            - Aluminum PDI style hop-up chamber.
            - Full metal trigger system.
            - Full metal bolt system. The structure of bolt system is quite simple and easy to disassemble.

Operation:
            - Gas is inserted into the mag
            - Bolt action is light.
            - Light trigger.
            - Very accuracy after re-adjusting the chamber system.
            - So power!!! Please consider and check the power very carefully before taking this airsoft gun into the game. Recommend to use with HFC 134a Gas. As I checked, the muzzle velocity is from 590 to 610 fps with 0.20g BB and Green gas (Because my HFC 134a bottle is empty)

I am sorry that I have not enough time to do a detail review although I have disassembled the gun to see structure inside. I do hope that some one could make full review for this airsoft gun.

Comment

its a clone of the star, not the ares one, just to clear that up
              Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

arnt star and ares the same thing

Comment

Christ .2's with green

.43 madbulls would probably even that out wouldnt they

Comment

mmmm i think that ill make it run around 550 ultra me thinks

Comment

Jesus

Yanks will love this rifle, they have high fps fetishes

Comment

the fps will drop with .43g bbs, but site make you cron it with a.2g bb.
                        you may be able to reduce the fps like on the star /ares.
                        yeah star/ares are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post
                          its a clone of the star, not the ares one, just to clear that up
                          they are the same
                          Originally posted by fijitstiks
                          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                          Originally posted by N3ADS
                          Is this you talking from experience ?..
                          Originally posted by fijitstiks
                          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

they are not the same, the ares has been re-made into a cnc version, thats like saying shooter are the same as star beacuase they make star bits and bobs

the casting would have been made last year, ares did not exist on its own, they may have produced them for star, however star's aw.338 and ares.338 are diff

Comment

no there the same.
                              ares made all the guns for star then thought why make them and let some other company rebrand them and sell them for more.
                              so they stoped selling to star and sold as ares there own company.
                              also you have to watch with these companys caying CNC made guns.
                              ther not fully CNC ade,there normaly cast like ever other gun them finished of in a cnc machine.
                              do you know how much a gun would weigh and cost if all the bits were CNCed from billets of steel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pmac(BT) played for over 10 years,worked for a large uk retailer and love boltaction rifles.had one back in the days when all you could get was a aps. since then ive owned most if not all the non cheap soft makes Find out more about pmac(BT)
                              Working...
                              X