hopefully cheap sten!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hopefully cheap sten!

Oh that's great news. Any idea on the manufacturer, general price ranges, possible release dates?

Comment

No idea yet on release dates or prices. Any info I get I'll post on a new thread as things become clearer

Comment

Originally posted by dog green 1 View Post
        I think most WWII re-enactors and airsofters wish there were more Allied guns available. The £150 sten closes the cap slightly but it's still not as cheap as a £100 MP40. As for skirmishable its still a pretty narrow choice on both sides. MP40 and MP44 pretty cheap but the Dboys K98 with its shell ejecting system isn't ideal and the Tanaka's are not only expensive but difficult to get hold of. Customs guns are available but again the price can put some people off. AS for the Allies you seem to be stuck with Thompsons or Garands both of which cost over £200.00

The lack of cheap, skirmishable Allied guns deffinatley has an effect on game sizes. I'm looking forward to taking part in a living history/airsoft event in December. Its catering for 300 front line combatants with more staff behind the lines. The biggest problem will be getting enough 'good guys' The Germans will turn up in big numbers but in these hard times its a big ask for people to shell out over £200 for a new gun on top of all the kit re-enactors have already paid for, especially so close to Christmas. £100 for an MP40 is more realistic but the Allies have nothing to match.

Hopefully one of the Chinese factories will reailse the first one to bring out a range of skirmishable bolt actions for both Allies and Germans will have a product they can sell world wide.
        i actually disagree with you there a bit, i think the range of weapons available in cheapsoft are brilliant, with allied weapons, yes the thompson may be the viable option, but 'stolen' weapons are a very big 'excuse' for people looking to buy into ww2 gear,
        with many guys doing 101st and 82nd many of them either save up, like most or get something like an MP40, or now the available MP44,

but, what i am glad to see is more people saving up and getting the guns which are available in the higher end market, like the sns and 2nd bat garands, marushin garands, carbines grease guns and so on, it brings more realism, which is good, but what i do agree with you on is the fact that these cheapsoft ww2 weapons coming out will bring a massive boost to the ww2 airsoft scene, which is great.

point said :P

Comment

Total nonsense 101st, would it look real if you saw 100 brits running around a field just using MP40s as they 'all captured them' -_-

Comment

The slightly oversized stock for the stick battery looks hardly noticeable. Interesting news about the rifles DG1.

Comment

Slick63:

Is this the non LiPo battery version of the Sten? I'm not sure where this is available as yet, any detail on the source of this photo etc?

Cheers,

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
                Slick63:
                Is this the non LiPo battery version of the Sten? I'm not sure where this is available as yet, any detail on the source of this photo etc?
                Cheers,
                Me.
                Yep its the mk2, adjustable hop and normal stick battery,
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 September, 2009, 22:34. Reason: removing retailer

Comment

Cool and the Gang. Muchos gracias!

Me.

Comment

Arrived today

Comment

very good thats made bye AGM right? anyway get a review up asap i want to see what its like
                      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

what a beauty

Comment

love the gun but it looks soo weird to hold

would love to see a cheaper m1 grand
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDMO View Post
                            love the gun but it looks soo weird to hold

would love to see a cheaper m1 grand
                            Might be about to happen in 2010

Comment

Oh, forgot to add. It is as wierd to hold as it looks. Very odd....but still cool:D

Comment

Mine arrived from Dog Green yesterday

sweeet

cheers Man

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

zulu Find out more about zulu
                                Working...
                                X