Airsoft Bill in California CA SB798

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft Bill in California CA SB798

you had two choices in the uk ,ukara and site membership to prove your a skirmisher with a valid reason to own a rif , or if no one had bothered a ban so no rifs and no airsoft unless two tone
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Has the Bill passed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
        you had two choices in the uk ,ukara and site membership to prove your a skirmisher with a valid reason to own a rif , or if no one had bothered a ban so no rifs and no airsoft unless two tone
        But this isn't the UK we're talking about here.

Completely different laws, completely different philosophy, completely different lobbies on both sides.

Besides, sure, you COULD comply with what the government wants, -OR- you can use your rights as a citizen and tell the government where they can stick their unecessary new policies.

This isn't just a fight for airsoft, this is a fight for civil liberties.

Comment

no it isnt the uk, its not even the usa, its one state so i dont see how it affects us in the slightist in the uk.
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

after a quick look at usa airsoft gun laws it shows the following.
            nearly all states require orange muzzle tips.
            arkansas is already two tone only since july 2010.
            new york state they are illegal to own.
            so it appears california is only follwing other states

Comment

Strange, they can get real weapons so easily there, yet it is the fake ones that they crack down on?

Comment

^ Well, I can see why...

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                  no it isnt the uk, its not even the usa, its one state so i dont see how it affects us in the slightist in the uk.
                  That post just shows you don't really know what's going on, it actually does affect the whole of the USA as the majority of airsoft importation comes through Cali.

If governments / ministers etc start seeing other governments cracking down on the sport then it might influence them to crack down further or even ban the sport entirely.

In Aus for instance they are trying to legalise the sport, one good argument they had is that it's legal in many, many other countries. However if the Aus government start seeing places like the USA & UK cracking down then they will think "Well if even the gun loving yanks think it's bad we won't legalise it at all".

Plus there's the fact that acts like this are simply moronic and don't achieve anything or reduce violent crime rates in the slightest so they should be opposed by anyone who is against stupidity and likes having rights & freedom.

Comment

After America produced Megan Fox I started to really like them... then they put her in hotpants all greased up on a motorbike and I said they could never ever possibly do anything to upset me ever again - but I suspect this has just tipped the scales lol

You'd assume that logic would suggest that because of the availability of actual firearms that it's silly to restrict RIF's so heavily - I agree completely but I'm sure there's some twisted American ideology behind it along the lines of 'any dude can buy a RIF and paint the flash hider black and rob a store'... 'but it takes any dude with a drivers license and a home to buy a real gun... yeh! We are soooo frickin awesome at this!' (cue chest bumps and high fives)

I really hope that's how it happened anyway... ?!?

And at some point Ron Burgundy will have cheered them on with star spangled banners

Pretty sure it will have happened just like that.
                    Last edited by GeryFox87; 27 May, 2011, 02:16. Reason: Cue the legend that is Ron Burgundy :)
                    Keep low, Move fast, Shoot first, Die last...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                    Working...
                    X