Clone crye gun clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clone crye gun clip

The clone one I ordered came through yesterday.

My review?

Get a real one.

Comment

Originally posted by Magay View Post
      They are very similar pistols, so chances are it could fit, I'll try my friends Hicapa in it when I get chance and see what happens...
      That would be much appreciated!

Comment

So are these actuly any good? I'm about to buy a clone serpa and was thinking of getting a clone clip instead. So do they actuly work properly?

Comment

Here's a slightly more comprehensive comparison from me...

http://airsoftinternational.blogspot...-vs-clone.html

Comment

...so which was which? Tan was Crye or what? It wasn't stated, and for someone who doesn't really know much about their products, not easily distinguishing between the two is the only problem with that review. Oh, as well as mentioning a retailer! Don't know if the link you gave breaches rules considering this, but I don't think it does.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well, I've got one these waiting to come into my hands any day now... Hopefully it'll do wonders for my glock (when it's fixed.. ) especially when I stick a z1 M3 on it, the QLED one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                ...so which was which? Tan was Crye or what? It wasn't stated, and for someone who doesn't really know much about their products, not easily distinguishing between the two is the only problem with that review. Oh, as well as mentioning a retailer! Don't know if the link you gave breaches rules considering this, but I don't think it does.
                Good point... Tan was the Crye one...

Comment

i think ill order one just to try it out however, ben if you right about the clone loosing its strength (may let the pistolgo over time) that could be abit of a problem

Comment

Originally posted by chris wheeler View Post
                    i think ill order one just to try it out however, ben if you right about the clone loosing its strength (may let the pistolgo over time) that could be abit of a problem
                    Aye, and since there's going on £300 in my glock, I'd be upset if I lost it!

Comment

there's a small note below the first pic saying which is which

(unless you've just edited it BEN)
                      h e y d r i c h
                      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

so ben by the looks of it, is it likely to brake/not hold the pistol well soon after buying or do you think this is something that will happen over time?

Comment

Yeah it must've been edited, naughty.

To be honest, if there was any doubt whatsoever, no matter how little, about the strength and rigidity of the clone, I wasn't going to buy it. I mean honestly, the clone may do its job for a while, but I would always be worrying about that day that something might happen... and I don't think it's worth it if you consider the price difference - that is - losing a £100 sidearm in comparison to the extra £30 or so on the proper thing.

Bit of a turn off really. But best of luck in your cloning, you're doing a great job, but it seems in everything you make there's almost a slight hiccup somewhere!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Out of interest, has the reviewer ever said anything nice about the clone of anything?

My personal favourites are the complete lack of mentioning the "real deal" is £40 for a small piece of spring loaded plastic, of which at least £20 is paying for the logo.

Any kind of stress test, or long term test? Short of a mold line and a funny smell in the packet... it's all guess work.

Comment

Mine arrived today and its quite a good fit for a Marui G17. Holds it well.

Im selling it on as I thoroughly love the Safariland dropleg. Just bought for an experiment really.

Here it is mounted:

Comment

Originally posted by chris wheeler View Post
                                so ben by the looks of it, is it likely to brake/not hold the pistol well soon after buying or do you think this is something that will happen over time?
                                I think it will happen over time... The plastic on the clone is way more "waxy" and feels like it'll stretch with repeated use and the popper isn't as positive, which I can imagine will only worsen over time and as it's used.

The two flaps that fold over the gun are separate pieces and are made of a slightly more flexible plastic on both the clone and the genuine piece, and are held in place with an inference fit. On the genuine article, it's impossible to remove them without breaking something. On the clone, they just slide right out...

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                                the clone may do its job for a while, but I would always be worrying about that day that something might happen... and I don't think it's worth it if you consider the price difference - that is - losing a £100 sidearm in comparison to the extra £30 or so on the proper thing.
                                My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                                Out of interest, has the reviewer ever said anything nice about the clone of anything?

My personal favourites are the complete lack of mentioning the "real deal" is £40 for a small piece of spring loaded plastic, of which at least £20 is paying for the logo.

Any kind of stress test, or long term test? Short of a mold line and a funny smell in the packet... it's all guess work.
                                I'll say something positive about a clone product when I see something that doesn't make me annoyed. This product is an exact copy of the innovative idea from Crye, just manufactured for a lot less, and it shows.

Sure you pay a premium for Crye stuff, but you are paying for the development of the idea in the first place. I honestly don't think it's morally correct to support companies, whether they are from China or not, if they are in the business of stealing intellectual property. I'm not saying you are evil for doing so or anything, it just clashes with my personal feelings.

I've not had time to put the thing through it's paces yet, as I only received it on Monday/Tuesday, but I am going to give it a whirl tomorrow at a game.
                                Last edited by Gaffa; 15 July, 2011, 13:03. Reason: language

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X