134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

I have just been told via Abbey that 134a gas has been officially withdrawn so anyone with a plastic or part plastic bolt may need to upgrade their parts to withstand green gas.
    Here's the proof off the Abbey Supply website!
    http://www.abbeysupply.com/product3.html

Admin:- Worth a sticky?!!!

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! 134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

Probably because hardly no one buys it. Have a zeroin cyber beer on me for informing us, its good to keep up to date on stuff like this
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Its because it contains Freon, Just someones bothered to read the ingredients.

Comment

ive fired al my tm pistols with green over the years... nothing has happened to them so far

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
          Its because it contains Freon, Just someones bothered to read the ingredients.
          Isn't that the same stuff they use in fridges?

Comment

Ooooooo. Quite a lot of people still use 134a. Those who are 100% about playing and 0% about research/upgrade performance quite often just get 134a

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
              ive fired al my tm pistols with green over the years... nothing has happened to them so far
              As Murta states (and I'm sure someone will come along and confirm or correct me), green gas is useable in pistols with plastic parts as we have a cooler temperate climate than HK etc.

The Japanese don't recommend green over there as it over-pressurises and cracks plastics due to the warm weather. Something like that?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Yup it is the same stuff they use in fridges

*edit*
                http://www.ehow.co.uk/how-does_49016...ator-work.html there you go

Comment

134a is used in fridges i remember trying to nick a massive canister of it from my dads resturant when they ocassionally refill the fridges but then realised I had no adapter for pistol mags

Comment

134a is also used in car air-con systems, and they are slowly moving over to a different gas (cant remember the name) so that 134a with not be used anymore.
                    This is to conform with EU legislation.
                    B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Oh well... I dont think I know anyone who uses it anyway o.O

What about things like NBB weapons such as gas snipers or revolvers though that anything more powerful either breaks them or puts them up to insanely high FPS?

What alternatives are there for 134a?

Comment

The rumour of 134a being the only gas for plastic pistols etc is rubbish. It is only recommended as the fps restrictions in HK and Japan are much tighter than here. Simple as that.

134a is used in Air Conditioning in your Car
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

due to collision theory yes if its warmer the gas should be more powerful

Comment

just get a duster gas adapter. Its cheaper ,and not full of silicone

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                              just get a duster gas adapter. Its cheaper ,and not full of silicone
                              this won't affect duster gas too?
                              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stormshaddow Find out more about Stormshaddow
                              Working...
                              X