134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! 134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

I'm suprised it's taken so long, another 10 years and they'll think about banning CO2 aswell

Comment

Is abbey ultra still allowed the Red tins ?

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
        Is abbey ultra still allowed the Red tins ?
        Should be as its not 134a
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Does predator gas have Freon in too?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
            Does predator gas have Freon in too?
            No, 134a is actualy a specified refrigerant gas which is the reason for its ban

Abbey ultra and preditor are still considered to be ok

Comment

Doesn't make any odds to me!

I would get more power running my guns on my own flatulence than I would with 134a, so I have never even bothered with it!

Comment

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                Doesn't make any odds to me!

I would get more power running my guns on my own flatulence than I would with 134a, so I have never even bothered with it!
                Lmao

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Re: 134a Gas withdrawn from EU Market

What about classics. Like old marushin, FTC and MGC guns. Break the internals or blow a valve on one of them because you've used too powerful a gas and you're screwed.

Comment

Ah nuts!
                    Anyone know how to reduce the power on a Winchester 1892 Maxi?

Comment

The reason its been banned is as above it is used as a refigerant in commerical fridges and Air Conditioning. It is banned becase it is O-Zone deplitive and also carcinogenic. There is a reason why you should do your homework. As a commercial user of HFC-134a / Tetrafluoroethane we have to report any escape to the HSE and any HFC-134a waste has to be disposed of by control companies at a huge cost. Im suprised airsofters have been able to use it for ages begase of the environmental impace and what it does to your lungs in the right quantitys.

I would imagine you will see lower power gas again soon in the form of R400 or HFO-1234yf.
                      Last edited by richj; 12 August, 2011, 18:25.

Comment

Well, looks like im stocking up then or I cant use my gun on hot days...
                        Thanks for the heads up mate.

Comment

I'm surprised it's taken this long TBH if at work we leak the amount of 134a I go through in a decent pistol game we have forms in triplicate to fill out and a world of pain to go through.

Seansamurai or for that matter ToaDi or any of the other ME types hanging round on here will back me up on this.

Mind you might be we just end up using R22 or one of the other not so brutal to the ozone layer refreigerent gasses instead. With that said 134a is quite benign compared to other refrigerents.
                          Originally posted by tackle
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
                            I'm surprised it's taken this long TBH if at work we leak the amount of 134a I go through in a decent pistol game we have forms in triplicate to fill out and a world of pain to go through.
                            Having just got my FGas ticket recently to be inline with legistration your not wrong on this. The GWP figures and comparisons i was given are shocking.

Comment

cfc r22 is far more ozone depleting than 134a ,134a was actually brought in years ago to reduce r11,r12,r22 use, with alot of supermarket refridge swapping to 134a before r502 and r404a were released.
                              r22 is on its last legs now with manufacture stopped and use heavily restricted till its ban in a few years time.
                              134a has very low ozone depletion as its a hcfc, hydrogenated chloro flouro carbon meaning the harmfull chlorine atom is enclosed in a hydrogen atom so preventing ozone damage.
                              the f-gas requirements has affected the use of these gasses with refrigeration switching to propane and co2 , all new sainsbury/tesco stores and refurbs are now co2.
                              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Is it all 134a gas? I bought some 'ICS' (Not sure if it's actually them) 134a gas from ZeroOne and it works fine. They sell it at a reduced price now so I'd get a few if it's 134a that you want top stock up on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stormshaddow Find out more about Stormshaddow
                                Working...
                                X