AEG to HPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AEG to HPA

I'm not sure how i would feel about having a 1200psi tank next to my face :/
    Signature Removed

Comment

Agreed I will never put the gas near my face , the furest away i can get it is in the foregrip so thats why all the computer stuff is going in the stock and hopefully will have enough room for a battery only needs to run off an 11.1 lipo .

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
        I'm not sure how i would feel about having a 1200psi tank next to my face :/
        there are loads of air rifle designs with 2700psi buddy bottles that are right next to your face... its not a problem!
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

But do airrifles get thrown about as much as our rifs doo?
          Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
            You dont carry air its wired it like sucks in air and uses that , the guys working on squeezing it into a m16 full stock and battery being stored in the foregrip .

Only costs $80 for the parts.
            Lol, not true at all.

They are really designed to be used with HPA as the most suitable source or Co2 failing that.

HPA tanks are quite heavy and are essentially a very big bomb on your back. Using HPA is the only genuinely practical way to get a decent number of shots and the set up be manageable costs wise when it comes to needing more air.

If you get friendly with your local fire brigade, they will fill the tank up for free and safety check it also. The compressors needed for HPA are incredibly expensive. Last time I looked, something like 8k for a good one. Places that fill up divers tanks can also refill for a charge.

As a reality check, we used motors, gears and batteries to get away from having to cart around a big tank on your back. Youtube the Marui man video's and you will see the joke.

HPA/Co2 tanks on your back and a hose to the gun?

Comment

really depends on the user to be honest!

Comment

Like someone else said i think, its basically the polar star fusion engine but abit more clever, both have adjustable fps and both have adjustable rof, however, the fusion engine does not need an additional battery but this can go in a normal V2, so i guess they all have their pros and cons, it would be interesting to see this in a p90. Theres alot of space, so you could make the body around the tank which is connected to the gb, however, most practical soloution would be m16 full stock, But couldnt they make a sniper rifle version and then just put the air in the stock of that, you dont need that much air as your not shooting that much and you get very little fluctuation in fps, like the Asahi WA2000 but for a normal sniper.

Comment

It's great idea but it's not new and I'm not referring to the Asahi engine but there are many people who's done but they don't share their knowledge unlike this guy!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    If you get friendly with your local fire brigade, they will fill the tank up for free and safety check it also. The compressors needed for HPA are incredibly expensive. Last time I looked, something like 8k for a good one. Places that fill up divers tanks can also refill for a charge.

As a reality check, we used motors, gears and batteries to get away from having to cart around a big tank on your back. Youtube the Marui man video's and you will see the joke.
                    Yep, that vid is seriously cheesy...

Anywhere that does diving will refill them for you for not much money.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

A clever gun smith could do it using a pre charged airgun for a base with a body kit of an airsoft gun surrounding it. I bet the guy at Kibworth gun shop could do it. He is a genius, or was if hes still there...lol.
                      Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by bobtuskins View Post
                        It's interesting how it cuts down on the number of moving parts, particularly in the gearbox, as most of (dare I say ALL) the operation is done by the piston unit as regulated by the computer.
                        The majority of difficulties in upgrading gearbox internal is achieving a near-perfect meshing of gears, bushings etc etc, all to just pull back the piston.

So this idea has potential for expansion, to say the least. If someone can manage to rig this into an AEG from without the need for external gas units or similar, I'd be quite interested. I also wonder if reliability is improved. Fewer parts means fewer parts to fail, to say the least.

I'd also like to see a gun using a native version of this mechanism, designed to use HPA from the ground up, rather than adapted for a V2 GB.
                        Interesting thought.....What about a way to charge a blowback system that uses pressurised air or Co2 to push the piston backwards then release to fire the bb off as normal under spring tension.

So to compare it to a real gun obviously when you pull the trigger the primer lights the nitro and bang.

With this pull the trigger and it operates a mechanism that regulates a pulse of Co2 to fill the cylinder in front of the piston or a tiny ram, if you had a heavy piston it would simulate recoil then shoot forwards to propell the bb.

Good idea or overactive mind???...lol.
                        Gun tech.

Comment

the only problem would be space for the gas regulator, they take up quite a lot of space and often come in shapes and sizes that would be a nightmare to fit in an airsoft gun!
                          Although your first point about the gas pushing the piston back seems quite viable and certainly a great idea

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                          Working...
                          X