Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAT Variable Velocity Device (VVD)

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    But, you'd have to open up your gearbox in the first place, so you might as well just do a spring change, seeing as all sites are around 350fps. You won't be going around the UK and finding different limits that would require the use of this thing
    don't quite understand your post mate, if you watch the explanation vid on youtube once this is installed you don't need to change the spring thats the whole point and why it's supplied with an extendable screwdriver and some cqb sites are 300 fps so it you put a spring in thats say gives you 330 fps if you wanted to take the gun to a cqb game you would be able to do so

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
      don't quite understand your post mate, if you watch the explanation vid on youtube once this is installed you don't need to change the spring thats the whole point and why it's supplied with an extendable screwdriver and some cqb sites are 300 fps so it you put a spring in thats say gives you 330 fps if you wanted to take the gun to a cqb game you would be able to do so
      VAK you old sausage, Ben was under the impression that you had to open the gearbox to adjust the VVD thus why he suggested you may as well change the spring anyway if you're opening it up.

:D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

No, I was under the impression you had to open up the gearbox to INSTALL this part. As I can't see the website at work I assumed it was similar to the ratech item, which was a piston & air nozzle set I I remember right?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          No, I was under the impression you had to open up the gearbox to INSTALL this part. As I can't see the website at work I assumed it was similar to the ratech item, which was a piston & air nozzle set I I remember right?
          Ah, I gotcha. Well yeah, you'd have to open it up to install it.

The more I think about this, the more it seems like a fad. Though I suppose it'd be useful from changing between 330 and 350 (not that the 20fps makes a difference!)

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I mean, you have two Choices:

1. £80 adjustable fps tool
            2. £10 320 fps spring

I think this thing is really designed for the American Market, where fps is the bumming factor for all guns

Comment

This could handy for somebody like me,i play at a private site with no fps limit but if i wanted to be site legal i could do so without opening the gun at all.

Comment

I suppose it's a niche product.

Comment

For the same cost....

Buy another gearbox at a lower power

Besides, if you doing this often going to end up ripping the hop rubber anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    Besides, if you doing this often going to end up ripping the hop rubber anyway!
                    I think it is designed with an M4 in mind. You remove the rear pin, lift up the top receiver and adjust... would mean that nothing ever goes down the barrel.
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Comes with a crazy long screw driver, and the video shows going down the barrel!

Comment

Is that why it's got a long ass screwdriver that comes with it? :P It's designed for people who don't care about such issues. There are a lot of people who do not really care how well their gun shoots, just want the feature to allow them to crank up the fps in the sites that allow it. The more I think about this product, the more it boggles my mind. The pricing, the drawbacks, the skill needed to install it... Who would buy this? May as well buy the madbull crawler barrel instead, it's easier to fit and does EXACTLY the same thing (lower fps at the cost of fps consistency)

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          Comes with a crazy long screw driver, and the video shows going down the barrel!
                          I wouldn't feel comfortable sticking anything down the barrel. I'f just chop the screwdriver and keep the bit I need... if I ever got one of these that is.
                          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one it doesn't make sense to...

Comment

Tests have shown a very great discrepancy between shots as much as 30 fps +/- with each shot. This is going to do wonders to accuracy lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SSTSparkz Find out more about SSTSparkz
                              Working...
                              X