Lethality of airsoft guns test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lethality of airsoft guns test results

Great read, and very informative. Looks like airsoft is safe from further penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
      I see this all as good, more regulations for us, means we can continue as we are, 374 fps on a .2g is above most site limits anyway, so I see only good things from this.
      Not so much. One site near me has, rather irresponsibly, raised their AEG limit to 370 fps...

Comment

Staying within guidelines is hardly irresponsible....

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Staying within guidelines is hardly irresponsible....
          It is when its so close -AND when they believe 370 is the Section 5 threshold...

Comment

what if my gbbr was set to 360fps and i shot at the same spot on semi, wouldnt i get the same results as i would get if i was firing on full??
            damage wise?

Comment

1j for full auto

and 2 J for semi ?

Are rubber bullets not considered non lethal ? Police and Armed forces around the world better start turning the power down on there non lethal weapons.

Are there any similar test`s done with paintballs ? I`d be interested to see the results ?
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

What does paintball have to do with it? do not go down that road, their ammo is frangible and their power levels are worked out much the same as they did with airsoft, that and their multi multi million business could railroad airsoft if you or other daft folk try interferingwith them,

What is it with shooting sports that enthuisiasts turn on other genres of the shooting world and shit on them, concentrate on airsoft, leave the other shooting sports alone.

Comment

I was just curious as I`ve been pasted with some pretty strong airsoft guns over the years and never had the kinda damage you see a frozen paintball or a bounce do I also have friends who play paintball.

So I was just wondering, I`m guessing that US limits on paintball guns are higher then the uk and that like airsoft not everyone follows the sites fps rules ?

Since when was I having a go ? I just asked if any similar test`s had been done so I could compare them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ofcourse testing was done, why do you think full auto markers are illegal in the UK? it's a multi million pound industry, well established and accepted, don't compare them to airsoft, different kettle of fish.

Comment

Indeed. The frangible ammo is the key.
                      The average 0.68inch paintball weighs 3.2 grams. At a muzzle velocity of 300fps, that would equal a muzzle energy of 13.38388 Joules.
                      However, a paintball hit would affect skin differently to a solid BB, so the muzzle energy recommendations for airsoft wouldn't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                        Indeed. The frangible ammo is the key.
                        The average 0.68inch paintball weighs 3.2 grams. At a muzzle velocity of 300fps, that would equal a muzzle energy of 13.38388 Joules.
                        However, a paintball hit would affect skin differently to a solid BB, so the muzzle energy recommendations for airsoft wouldn't apply.
                        Ok that explains why the do so much damage when they don`t brake. Thanks for the info you saved me googling it
                        sigpic

Comment

yes lets give the law some teeth to potentially bite us with - when its wasnt looking to before! thanks ukara thanks indeed. Great working involving your airsoft colleagues

Comment

Must disagree with you here. These findings give airsofters some degree of protection in court and sets a sensible (and workable) boundary. Otherwise, someone would probably fall foul of the arbitrary whim of a judge/magistrate in a test case.

Despite the (alledged) "politics" behind it; it's a good thing in my view.

Comment

Yes it is nice to know that your gun won`t be classed a section 5 and taken away from you if its under the limits but personally I find 1J a bit low for full auto I was hoping for a tad more maybe 1.2 or 1.5j

Oh well gotta love NPAS and gearboxes with fast change springs
                              sigpic

Comment

1J? Huh? Isn't it 1.3J - 374fps?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                                Working...
                                X