Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM Scar-H

Originally posted by starscream View Post
    Plus £25(ish) per mid cap. Prefer a VFC one myself.
    But does the VFC have recoil ? Does it have the mag lock ? Think that's the game changer for most people who own TM blowbacks .
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
      But does the VFC have recoil ? Does it have the mag lock ? Think that's the game changer for most people who own TM blowbacks .
      Once you blowback, you never go back

Comment

Does the TM Scar-H come with a longer inner barrel to match the spare outer?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Does the TM Scar-H come with a longer inner barrel to match the spare outer?
          No, but with the longer outer you can use standard 363mm inners without cutting them. In theory. I'll confirm once my tightbore turns up.
          Besides, a longer barrel of the same bore won't really help, so I can see why they didn't include it.

Comment

Cheers. Just can't abide 'short' inner barrels; does my napper in! All my inners go to the end of the outer. Moot point anyway; ain't no way I'm paying for one new. Kudos to your wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              Cheers. Just can't abide 'short' inner barrels; does my napper in! All my inners go to the end of the outer. Moot point anyway; ain't no way I'm paying for one new. Kudos to your wallet!
              Oh believe me my wallet hasn't come out of this well, but there are certain things that grab you and you can't resist :p

Comment

Ahh I really wish I had the money for a TM SCAR-H, It looks awesome!. Hopefully should be getting a VFC SCAR-H this Sunday though!
                TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Just thought I'd post a short skirmish report.
                  After adding a Prommy 363mm 6.03 Tightbore and a Firefly Normal Hop Rubber (standard hop nub - it's a slightly different shape), the performance is excellent. With the stock spring (280ish with 0.2) I was hitting 40-50m comfortably with 0.25's (210 fps on chrono). The air seal is brilliant, and the hop stays true once set. Due to the excellent performance out of the box I'm not going to open the gearbox for now, but it will be interesting to see what it does with an upgraded spring in the future.

The finish is solid, and the gun is well built. It can take a beating, but like everything it has it's limits. It was very slippery underfoot, so some damage was caused.
                  The charging handle was bent down slightly, although this is an improvement as I can now hold it down to change the hop without catching any optics.
                  The stock latch snapped after I fell on the gun (sad face) but the gun was otherwise fine. No scratches, no damage to the stock. I've sent a request for a new part.

So over all 10/10. An expensive gun, but it's got a premium finish and premium internals. The external faults were only due to me falling over anyway :p

If anyone fancies a look I'll be at UCAP Bunker on the 29th Evening game, and otherwise at ****** ***** Woodland sporadically.

Comment

Anyone know if the TM Heavy will take VFC Heavy mags?

Comment

Nope they use a different type of magazine because of the bolt lock.

Comment

Does the bolt actually lock? dont think ive seen a vid of it...i know the gearbox stops when the mags empty
                        Originally posted by Artekus
                        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post
                          Just thought I'd post a short skirmish report.
                          After adding a Prommy 363mm 6.03 Tightbore and a Firefly Normal Hop Rubber (standard hop nub - it's a slightly different shape), the performance is excellent. With the stock spring (280ish with 0.2) I was hitting 40-50m comfortably with 0.25's (210 fps on chrono). The air seal is brilliant, and the hop stays true once set. Due to the excellent performance out of the box I'm not going to open the gearbox for now, but it will be interesting to see what it does with an upgraded spring in the future.

The finish is solid, and the gun is well built. It can take a beating, but like everything it has it's limits. It was very slippery underfoot, so some damage was caused.
                          The charging handle was bent down slightly, although this is an improvement as I can now hold it down to change the hop without catching any optics.
                          The stock latch snapped after I fell on the gun (sad face) but the gun was otherwise fine. No scratches, no damage to the stock. I've sent a request for a new part.

So over all 10/10. An expensive gun, but it's got a premium finish and premium internals. The external faults were only due to me falling over anyway :p

If anyone fancies a look I'll be at UCAP Bunker on the 29th Evening game, and otherwise at ****** ***** Woodland sporadically.
                          Fall over with a ptw an i bet the repair bill would have been a lot more!! Sounds awesome out the box performance though.

How easy is it to Disable the recoil function on these?
                          It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by westywesty84 View Post
                            Does the bolt actually lock? dont think ive seen a vid of it...i know the gearbox stops when the mags empty
                            It disconnects the battery from the gearbox. There isn't an actual bolt lock, but the function is the same.

Fall over with a ptw an i bet the repair bill would have been a lot more!! Sounds awesome out the box performance though.
                            How easy is it to Disable the recoil function on these?
                            Very happy with the out of box performance. No idea on disabling the recoil, but it's probably possible. Not sure why you would want to though :p

Comment

Im just not into it, unless its significantly better than the M4?

Comment

Im just not into it, unless its significantly better than the M4?
                                It's far superior to most M4's, but is about the same performance wise as the TM Recoil M4.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Icebass Find out more about Icebass
                                Working...
                                X