Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GBB Kriss

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
    Lol, 50 rounds would be a godsend - I run 30rnd mags in my SCAR and I love it. An extra 20 rounds per mag would be awesome. I find I am very careful about how I engage the enemy and I don't tend to waste shots anymore.

Agreed but its pretty challenging against an opposing force armed with hicaps....

Comment

Not really - not unless they work as a cohesive team - which Hi Cap users tend not to - no offence to people who like hi caps but they tend (as a whole) to usually be rental players or newbies that haven't had the time or experience with airsoft to truly work as a team - and I am talking Djinn/ODIN levels of teamwork here.

All you need to do is just know when and where to switch firing modes, and just get comfortable with your weapon. Know what it can or cannot do, ensure you have a reliable sidearm and you shouldn't have any problems.
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
        Nah mate - its TOTALLY different. The mag for starters is massive on this thing (a glock mag is wide but nowhere near as huge as the mag he has there)
        The real one uses Glock 21 .45 ACP magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo View Post
          Hope the UK retailers get em in quicksmart! US$400 normally equates to about £400 quid here, so it probably won't be cheap
          I highly doubt it will be anyway near that mark. $400 is about £260. The article estimates that it will be below this, so i can imagine it will be between £200 - £250.

After seeing a member on my team using an MP9 in CQB i can say that if the Kriss is similar, it will be perfect for CQB.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
            $400 is about £260.
            Plus shipping, VAT, import duty, retailers mark-up, supply of a (usually useless) UK warranty etc etc.

I asked a retailer what it would cost them to import an Ino M4 for me as I didn't want the hassle of dealing with customs on a full steel GBBR. He went through the pricing process with me so I'd understand why it was so much, but the bottom line was that it would cost more in sterling that the original price from HK in US dollars.

It's not like when we import kit and hope that customs miss it. The retailers have to declare all imports and get hit with charges on every shipment, plus have to add on top of that enough to go towards all the things they pay for such as business rates, wages, power, water etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
              The real one uses Glock 21 .45 ACP magazines.
              Yup - Arnt these bigger than the 9mm Glock mags that the Airsoft ones are modelled on?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv1lZWygsSA

Comment

at end of this vid there is a bit showing of internals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcuuD...05FAAAAAAAALAA

Comment

I SERIOUSLY want this little puppy.
                    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                      Plus shipping, VAT, import duty, retailers mark-up, supply of a (usually useless) UK warranty etc etc.
                      Due to the fact that it says street price(not wholesale) and that it is an American blog(who have to pay similar costs in shipping to us brits), i would say that retailers are selling them at this price. No retailer gets a gun for the same price they sell it at, lets be honest. As such I'm going to say that if they are sold in the UK they'll be between £200 - £250. Then again you could be right about it. I'm just going off how the article words it.

Comment

youd probs be looking at the same prices as their MP7s

as stated above that 400 dollars is retail...

so the mark up would quite a bit on that
                        If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

I'd imagine the pricing to be somewhere around or above the cost of the MP9, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
                            Due to the fact that it says street price(not wholesale) and that it is an American blog(who have to pay similar costs in shipping to us brits), i would say that retailers are selling them at this price. No retailer gets a gun for the same price they sell it at, lets be honest. As such I'm going to say that if they are sold in the UK they'll be between £200 - £250. Then again you could be right about it. I'm just going off how the article words it.
                            Personally I don't like them [sits back and waits for abuse!], but for the sake of those people who do like them I hope you're right.

But as a general rule, while we may have some of the best airsoft prices in Europe, our retailers always seem to be under-cut by both far east and US retailers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                              Yup - Arnt these bigger than the 9mm Glock mags that the Airsoft ones are modelled on?
                              Indeed, but I just read somewhere that this takes KWA Glock/ATP mags so it might be modeled on the 9mm mags after all. Maybe the extension that hangs below the gun is thicker then the rest of the magazine.

EDIT: Looking the videos up now It's almost defiantly a KWA Glock mag with a thicker extension that hangs below the body of the gun. It bulges midway down the mag. This means that short glock mags will also work in them I assume. Oooooh and Co2 mags.

Comment

Ok and now the AATV video states that the mags are unlike any other types :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                                Working...
                                X