Muzzle flash experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: muzzle flash experiment

This looks incredible mate and couldn't agree more with everyone else here - I'd certainly buy one!

The only thing is, how well does it work outside with a light breeze?

Jack
    TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

im not to sure about a silencer with muzzle flash being too realistic but this is more Hollywood i guess,taken some footage outside today,the smoke works well enough but you need to be in the firing line to see the flash.
      http://youtu.be/70TA27tzxjc
      sorry about my camera work

Comment

I will requiring one of these post haste.

How will you be taking all my money, and when can I give you my money?

Comment

heh well im a long way from a polished and tested product,best guess if start making a prototype all in one unit then im still month's away from selling anything,i've got parts coming that should make it gate triggered for flash and voltage regulators turned up today so it could have an internal power supply for both light and smoke,need to look into a small enough nun-chuck style lipo and internal lipo protection system etc etc ....

Comment

Definitely would make money. If you could get it working within a tracer unit, or within a standard looking silencer. The ultimate thing for me would be if you could get it working within a Noveske style firepig for cqb variants. Inspired work though I must say!

Comment

Would also pay for one.

I've had the idea of a pressure switch behind the trigger that makes an arduino board produce a sound out of a speaker taped just below the barrel to get rid of the sewing machine noise for a long time. You could drag and drop wav files of gun sounds when the board is connected to your computer. Plus a physical switch that toggles between repeating the sound at a programmable rate (the rate of fire of your AEG as told by a chronograph) or repeating it once for full and semi-auto. But alas can find no one to solder the components for me.

This link lists the configuration and all the components needed to make an arduino into a portable sound effects player.
              http://www.ladyada.net/make/waveshield/

Comment

to be honest the firepig noise amplifier was something that was also on my mind as was an integrated tracer unit as that way it has more appeal than just one trick but im still a way off anything like that yet,tracers need a very intense flash not just a bright yellow led and i've never had a soundpig apart to see how it works.on the bright side a maplin delivery just came with an IR gate switching circuit just arived for me to play with.

Comment

also making an all in one unit as small as a firepig is not practical as there is no room for a battery,a regular sized silencer with muzzle flash and sound amplifier is probably going to be all that will fit ,it would be nice to have a tracer as well but space for that will be needed for a battery.

Comment

Looked at nanolipo for powering it?

Looks a pretty cool effect not my cup of tea personally but a huge well done on getting it working.

I think the damage done by oils and smoke in my opinion will be too much for me to use this but i am using a PTW so just about anything is too risky to me.
                    Originally posted by B.E.N.
                    Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

nanolipo?are they for the micro helicopter's etc,not sure they will have a high enough "c" rating but worth a try as i have a few around that i was hoping to power a glock aep with but they weren't man enough for that.

Comment

Not sure what they are for normally. Heard of them being used for film effects thats all
                        Originally posted by B.E.N.
                        Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                        Working...
                        X