• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

Here's some better pictures to do my guns justice

Comment

AAHHH I'm starting to get an AK itch!! My wife aint gonna like it!

Comment

Ak's , never for me sorry , but nice selection

nice tinkered toys billy :p

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
          Ak's , never for me sorry , but nice selection
          I used to think that - but shouldering this AK its actually SO comfy i never would have expected it
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

nope ,not for me , ive held 6mm and real steel , and withing 10 5 seconds gave to owner and had my sniper rifle back and sa80

Comment

I assume by Guards little display picture he's been to A'stan, so he was probably shot at by AK's at some point. So i can understand why he may not be all that high on AK's.
              Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Strangely, a friend who served both times in the Gulf loves them for exactly the same reason. From what he's told me, when they were due to be flown back after the first Gulf War, the RMP were near the plane collecting AKs by the dozen. It reminded me of the story of all the FALs that got dropped over board just before the troop ships got back into Portsmouth after the Falklands, when the Paras and bootys were told that customs would be coming on board (which they didn't do).
                sigpic

Comment

Free fal!!!
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Anyone fancy a swim at portsmouth ? :P

Comment

so robin why were the FALs dropped over board?

Comment

Mate, I've dived in the area loads of time and not found a thing.

Then again, they didn't find the Mary Rose until 1971 and it sunk in 1545!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                          Mate, I've dived in the area loads of time and not found a thing.

Then again, they didn't find the Mary Rose until 1971 and it sunk in 1545!
                          Seriously? wow that sounds awesome but realistically what would you do it you found one?

Comment

probably not much as salt water is a nasty element.

Comment

Yea but you coundent take it home could you .. would you?

Comment

Originally posted by omgitzjamiiee View Post
                                so robin why were the FALs dropped over board?
                                Most of the books written by serving forces and journalists who were with the fleet mention this. Basically, the lads were told that they would be prosecuted for smuggling in illegal weapons if they were found with anything other than their own issued weapons. Nobody believed it until a few miles out, when they were told that they would have to wait to disembark until customs had checked and cleared the ship. Instant dumping of large quantities of souvenirs followed.

In reality, when they got in, the crowd was so big (and it was huge, I was there and was amazed that so many people turned up - far more than when they left) that customs decided they couldn't hold the people on board up for the few hours it would take and just let them off.

I saw a couple of FALs in the armoury at Shorncliffe that came back officially, but not many made it. Having said that, a lot of full auto trigger sets did get back.

EDIT: If you found one when diving, you'd really have to report it, but as it would be totally U/S, you'd probably be allowed to keep it. It's not old enough to count as treasure trove, so doesn't need to be offered to the crown. It's basically just salvage (as is anything found below the low water mark) but as it's a weapon, it's safer to report than to get caught.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X