This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Guns

they are to prevent wear to your receiver and trigger system.....
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

sorry for the double post guys, just thought id share the decent pictures of my two primaries now that I have totally finished them just now!

The M14's new paintjob

Comment

Ah the joys of snot green two tone...

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/album.php?al...pictureid=4473

Comment

Lovely M14, but the AK has too much colour sanded off the wood. It just doesn't look right. I don't think i have ever seen a real steel photo with that much of a faded appearance.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
              Lovely M14, but the AK has too much colour sanded off the wood. It just doesn't look right. I don't think i have ever seen a real steel photo with that much of a faded appearance.
              I for one agree. Lovely AK and I'm curious as to how that foregrip feels, but get some Ronseal on there, darken that up with some lush red-brown stain :D

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                thanks! The paintjob ont he M14 didnt turn out as well as id hoped. somehow the green managed to get under my stencil and go over a lot of the brown I had done! So I gave it some brown swipes afterwards instead.

with the AK Im not going after real steel appearances to the letter, so long as it doesnt look totally wrong I wont be displeased! I was originally going to give it some coats of the linseed oil I have lying around, but with the original varnish and treating taken off, if feels like raw wood, which feels really really nice in my opinion!

Originally posted by Ginger Chris
                I for one agree. Lovely AK and I'm curious as to how that foregrip feels, but get some Ronseal on there, darken that up with some lush red-brown stain
                ID die before i cover it in red-brown stain! lol. I hate that look of it, it turns the wood into wood imitation plastic haha.

the grip was something id thought about after trying to get the normal grip comfy, I had it resting in the palm of my hand and thought hey thats quite nice. So the stump of the original handle sits in the palm of your hand, rather than having to grip the sides to get it comfy and secure, you can almost just let it rest in the palm of your hand

Comment

don't listen to him, that ak is lovely.
                  would be better with a solid stock and without the aims grip

Comment

haha thanks wookie! yeah it needs a wooden pistol grip, would like to get it to match the handguard though! so i might have to be specific on what wood its made from!

also need to replace the flashi hider. after an ak one cos at the moment its an AUG!

Comment

that would be so sweet, and maybe a gp30...

Comment

not sure a GP30 would fit underneath because of the shape i did the hang guard in the end? not a huge fan of grenade launchers anyway, prefer double tapping than massive blasting! haha

Comment

my recent m4/sfw project, now sold on , my m16/m203 and my l85
                          Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

dose that ak have a AUG flash hider??

Comment

Originally posted by NULL View Post
                              dose that ak have a AUG flash hider??
                              until i source a reasonably priced Ak105/74su flash hider, yup!

Comment

The L119A1 is missing a couple of bits namely the barrel and grip.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam_s.o Find out more about Sam_s.o
                                Working...
                                X