The great Ruger project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The great Ruger project

Well after you told me about it i put some research in and it loooks pretty sound, need to get some silicon so i can give it a try though.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

A little bit of proggress, the carbine has been modified to make it more comfotable and to give it a new look, i've fitted a Laser on the Gemtech oasis, and managed to get one of the pistols working (its now the lower on the carbine) and i think i know why the wood grips cause the guns to stop working, but i will have to look into that later, for now its just a case of saving up the money for more parts/guns and i want to look into HPA to try and make a decent sniper out of a carbine.

L.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a new hop rubber from a mate and chopped it up to fit in the carbine, don't know if it'll improve anything but i'll see when i take it out next, going to be looking into HPA and R hoping next.

Also

L.

Comment

Okay so the carbine has yet to be tested (cant find a range long enough) but i have finaly got one of the lowers i took apart working, so i now have the silver trigger fitted, and after some filing this morning i also got the the gun firing with the wood grips! (Basicaly the flat on the grip was causing the gun to lock back when fired so it couldn't cycle properly)

So now i have both my day and night side arms

L.

Comment

Got hold of a MK2 Ruger today so progress was made although i wasn't happy when i learned that the MK2 lower was plastic i still made it work

L.

Comment

Originally posted by Minotaur View Post
              My custom built Ruger Hush Puppy, thanks Matt @ The Skunkworks UK

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]139347[/ATTACH]
              How quiet is that? Or does the barrel run all the way through the silencer?
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

due to me sighning up for a Post apocalyptic event, my attention has been diverted elsewhere, but it did give me the chance to make a PA Ruger which is currently drying in my shed (along with my shotgun for the event) i've also picked up a R-hop Z kit whhich i'm going to try and fit at some point, although it looks like i'll have to buy a new barrel and turn/ mill the widgets in along with the hop window as the Ruger has a circular hole instead of a rectangular window, but thats for when i can get some alone time in the machine shop, until then its just external tinkering

Comment

Found out KAR 98 buckings fit so i bought one of them the other day, i found it dropped right in but a guy on FB reckons it needs trimming so going to look into that, made a silencer adapter to fit a carbine barrel and then fubar'd the thread on the barrel (i was to exited) so now i have a 23 inch barrel on its way.

More pictures to follow but for now..
                  uploadfromtaptalk1448344620856.jpg
                  uploadfromtaptalk1448344644150.jpg

L.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeCDC Long days and pleasant nights Find out more about LukeCDC
                  Working...
                  X