Colt M4 & Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

Your gun is a rubbish replica, there's no forward assist!

Comment

The GUU-5P doesn't have a forward assist either. So nyer!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        Just a friends old spare CTW. He's on 2 Systemas now so I'm dipping into the TW platform for the first time. This ones been around a while so should hopefully have most of the issues worked out and fixed. Although its not liking the current PTW cylinder, nozzle isn't feeding rounds.
        You tried it with different mags? Tend to find the first issue with chopping/misfeeding TW's is usually spring strength in the mags (after poor ammo). Cylinder is a reasonably pricy replacement if it may just be the mag springs.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Yeah tried the springs. Genuine systema mags that work fine in 3 other rifles. Filming the nozzle in slow mo the movement looks all over the place.

She will be mine again in time, just once someone who knows what their doing (and free) has had a look and worked the kinks out

Comment

My brother's projects. Never go full retro...

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
              Yeah. It'll be a long search I think. For now I'll be building another lower for my Colt SMG. Then just swap the lowers, change the ejection port cover and hey presto. GUU 5p
              Have a look on the ptw fb groups, I've seen a few fixed carry handle uppers come up.. May even know someone with one going if you're genuinely interested? Drop me a pm if so, I'll put you in touch! It was something I'd always wanted off him before selling my ptw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks but I'm talking about buying it back in 3-6 months time!

Comment

Liking the retro gats there Opossum! I've spent this evening finishing the modifications to my recoil mags for the 604. Took friggin' ages!

Comment

I'd like to see a recoil 604. You can't even get fixed carry handle uppers for those as standard can you? Luckily I can get mags for my PTW 604, it's just modifying it so it actually bloody works that's left to do! Stupid gun.

Comment

Correct you are- I've sent a load of parts to an engineer to have some form of horrible black magic practised...

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

Haven't got any of the bits back yet! The mags are here though:

2015-08-05 22.33.53.jpg

Comment

They look brill. Nearly tempted to get a recoil again

Comment

Go ooooon... Do eeeeeet.

Comment

Unless they used colts in secret during WW2, it goes to the back of the queue!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X