Colt M4 & Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

Probably to an extent, the normal G&P bolt carriers are soft, squidgy airsoft-metal. In a WOC with steel lower internals the carrier will take the wear vs the steel hammer, if you've got the WOC-X pot metal lower internals vs a steel bolt the hammer will wear fairly quickly I'd imagine. If the hammer is steel then it'll obviously still wear a bit quicker than it would with a G&P carrier seeing as that part is now steel rather than the normal stuff, but the steel hammers generally also have the roller bearings which should help.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I have the king arms roller bearing hammer. It's a king arms, is a woc bad internally? How does a king arms compare?

Comment

WE M4A1 with Angry Gun WCRS

Comment

Retro mid length WE GBBR.

Real Vietnam era A1 grip, surplus flat sided slip ring and some Rock River Arms mid length handguards .

Comment

ARC-74, that is beauty right there...
            sigpic
            Mercs Boss
            Armoury:
            ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

ARC-74, I'll second Snakeh's comments - that truly is a thing of beauty
              "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Ill 3rd that, fooking awesome my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeh View Post
                  ARC-74, that is beauty right there...
                  Originally posted by reaper_leaper View Post
                  ARC-74, I'll second Snakeh's comments - that truly is a thing of beauty
                  Originally posted by DanNest View Post
                  Ill 3rd that, fooking awesome my friend
                  Thanks for the kind words guys!
                  I duracoated the receiver in a mix of their Colt grey and Parker. Upper came from a WE XM, lower is extra blank receiver from my M4
                  Outer barrel is a Crusader Tech mid length with a Madbull 1 inch extension capped with a steel WE XM177 flash hider (moderator).

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just finished spraying this bad boy
                    Conan, what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Comment

Nothing too fancy, but I like to tinker with parts, WE M4 gbbr (work in progress, sort of a patrol carbine)
                      -Steel WA 16 inch barrel(Tonic barrel adapter), steel G&P front sight, Angry Gun steel ambi selector lever, New Age forward assist, charging handle & dust cover. Guarder M4 RAS
                      Real steel parts are Spikes Tactical barrel nut, RRA mag catch, Colt take down & pivot pins & detents, crush washer modified to fit over the 14mm threading, DPMS handguard cap, milspec 6 position buffer tube(can't remember the make), BCM castle nut on the way.
                      Lower was DuraCoated Tactical Black, fake trigger & sear pin are off an AEG body.
                      I might refinish the barrel & front sight to a darker color rather then leave them the light grey zinc parkerizing.
                      IMGP6202_1.jpg
                      IMGP6203_1.jpg
                      IMGP6199.jpg
                      IMGP6197.jpg
                      IMGP6196.jpg
                      IMGP6195.jpg

Comment

My TM recoil Block 2 effort, pretty happy with it but noticing some side to side movement in the barrel now, would a DD M4 gas block solve this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

That happens when you change the front end setup on a SOPMOD-family gun. The gas block isn't what secures your barrel though, you want one of the hardened/widened barrel bases. Laylax make one and there's another version out there I've used (unfortunately the name of the manufacturer escapes me at this moment) with good success in tightening up the barrel running down my Fortis REV equipped SOCOM.
                          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ARC-74 View Post
                            Retro mid length WE GBBR.

Real Vietnam era A1 grip, surplus flat sided slip ring and some Rock River Arms mid length handguards .
                            Lovely, though not really retro as the mid length set up is quite a recent custom option.
                            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Here's my brand new gun. It doesn't look anywhere near as cool as everyone elses, but we all have to start somewhere right?

Comment

-CKinnerley, thanks for advice, well aware that the gas block does not secure the barrel, the issue with the TM's is their use of non standard barrel nut's and the "star" being attached to the barrel strengthener, the Madbull RIS ii locking nut does do a pretty good job and will keep the barrel attached to the reciever just thought the gas block would stop the side to side movement if it sits flush with the inside of the RIS...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X