• Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Is that supposed to be an AK-104?

Because here's some faults:
    1. The AK-104 uses a full stock
    2. Your gas block and barrel are from a 74u
    3. The 104 is a 7.62x39

Looks more like a mix of AKs rather than a 104...

It looks closer to an AK-74u to me

Comment

• Originally posted by RedHawk View Post

3. The 104 is a 7.62x39

Does he say anywhere it is meant to be a 104?

Also, are you referring to the AKs-74u or some other gun as last time I checked an AK74u doesn't strictly exist?
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

red hawk, its airsoft, the "real" one has little to no importance here, it looks good (especialy that suppressor)

if a mix of diferant ak parts anoys you wait untill i finish my G&G AK to FY71 DMR conversion

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post

3. The 104 is a 7.62x39

Yeah he never said it was a 104 mate. Its clearly a 74u.

And to be honest in airsoft, a 104 and a 105 are pretty much identical. In real life, the AK104 could easily be used with a folding stock. In fact I imagine its one of the first things a buyer switches out if they were to modify one.

Comment

RH...as we've already discussed and you blethered on about your VFC 104 which AM TEH BESTED 104 GNU EVAAAAA...you already know this.

Started off as a Cyma CM047.D - YES, I made a mistake calling it a 104, it's really a 105 (top cover)

1 - It did previously have the full stock...I got bored...and switched it out.
            2 - The gas block...ISN'T, otherwise the rear sight would be positioned with the top cover on a hinge.
            The barrel has been cut down by 50mm as previously mentioned, losing the upper gas tube.
            3 - I am aware of that...and all my mid caps are from a 74...

Yes - in reality, this is a mix and match AK...as most Custom AKs are, they suit the owner's idiosyncrasies and preferences.

Now, had this been the first time you've mentioned this, I would have been more than willing to explain the build...but as I've already told you a few pages back, maybe we can shut up and move on...eh.

Comment

Calm yo' titties down, it wasn't a flame. I was simply pointing out the obvious, but I guess it upsets some people to do that ): It's funny how mad some of you get though.

@Christo: He has said it was a CYMA AK-104 in another thread last year. What are you referring to "104"? Do you mean AK-104? (touché, I can be picky about you too)

@Madman: Oh yes, Airsoft guns obviously have no relevance to actual weaponry... I like how you assume that I object to it. Assuming makes you look like a pilock, I've made many botched abortion type AK's as I tend to amass AK parts and enjoyed using them.

I think you guys need to take a step back, actually read and not jump straight to conclusions. Just because it's not an actual AK-104 doesn't mean I object to it (despite Madman assuming I do). My intentions weren't to upset anyone, thought it obviously did. Next time I'll be more careful to not give a toss about any one and watch the butthurtness.

And Mad Matt, I own an AK-105, not a 104 which is am bestest because VFC is bestest.

Originally posted by Coski View Post
              Yeah he never said it was a 104 mate. Its clearly a 74u.

And to be honest in airsoft, a 104 and a 105 are pretty much identical. In real life, the AK104 could easily be used with a folding stock. In fact I imagine its one of the first things a buyer switches out if they were to modify one.
              Sorry but I find this hilarious. First, it's not an "AKS-74u" and he did say it was an AK-104. Second, the AK-104 comes with a full-folding stock (as all modern Russian AK's have so, good job on that part). And finally, the AK-104 fires the 7.62x39 which uses banana shaped mags. Not the more straight 5.45x39 mags.

Hate at me.

Comment

I like how you assume I assume you object to it...this could very quickly get confusing :P

I was MERELY reiterating the fact that we have ALREADY been over this in said other thread, so there wasn't the need to bring it here too dude

Oh Touche to you sir, another mistake on my behalf - aren't we but human? (I actually cannot comment on VFC's quality first hand, so no judgement shall be made )

So, no harm dealt nor received?

Comment

Originally posted by mad.matt View Post
                  I like how you assume I assume you object to it...this could very quickly get confusing :P

I was MERELY reiterating the fact that we have ALREADY been over this in said other thread, so there wasn't the need to bring it here too dude

Oh Touche to you sir, another mistake on my behalf - aren't we but human? (I actually cannot comment on VFC's quality first hand, so no judgement shall be made )

So, no harm dealt nor received?
                  I ain't flaming you, I do indeed like your custom AK and looks like something you'd find in the hands of the MVD or FSB. Indeed we did talk about it, but there's no harm in repeating it (though Christo and Madman obviously spat out the breast milk over it). Yes we all make mistakes, I'm not calling you a heathen of Russia for mistaking your AK either

Comment

No worries No flame taken

There you go guys, it is dealt with, PLEASE MOVE ON :P

EDIT - Not that I don't appreciate the defense but I believe the message was taken out of context.

In other news - http://youtu.be/x5q_UB1QVoA?t=2m44s my AK in my Cousin's hands :D I like the noise it makes
                    Last edited by mad.matt; 17 February, 2013, 22:52.

Comment

-edits post- You are right, best to move on.

Comment

Being a Russian-themed thread, shouldn't the disagreement/misunderstanding have been settled with a vodka fueled bare knuckle duel that ends with broken facial bones? This feels too civil...
                        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

My latest toy.
                          Classic Army Krebs KC89.
                          Full steel receiver, RAS, taclight , folding foregrip and Noveske steel soundhog.

(Mad.Matt should like this one).

Picture 257.jpgPicture 247.jpgPicture 248.jpg

Comment

I either really hate that, or really like it. I cant quite decide!

Comment

It looks like the bastard-child of a sticklebrick and an AK. Hideous, utterly hideous. Your pseudotactical gun offends my eyes, and is an insult to the Motherland. Mikhail must be rolling in his grave!
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Clot View Post
                                Getting there...
                                Real sword, with real steel polymer furniture!
                                Excuse me, I need to go and have a little lie down...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X