Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

I'm just in the process of modifying this gun.

I have to say that it's very simply and cleverly designed. A&K did a wonderful job. Very simple to modify even for it to accept real parts.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Refinished Steel Kalash AKSU!

Specs:
      Kalash AKS74U AEG (Full Steel) Based
      RS 5.45mm AKS-74U Flash Hider
      Element AK Grip (Plum)
      Guarder Parts: AEG Tune-Up Spring - SP110 & Air Seal Nozzle for AK
      MadBull Parts: 6.03mm Black Python Ver.2 Tight Bore Barrel (270mm) & X spacer
      Prometheus Air Seal Chamber Packing (Soft Type)
      Pro Win CNC Hop Up Chamber
      Deep Fire Parts: Titanium Piston V.2 (Full Teeth) & Titanium Piston Head (w/ Super O Ring and Bearing Support & Bearing)
      AirFET “AB Mosfet” & LipoSaver
      Powered By Firefox 11.1v 1200mah (20 C) Li-Polymer Battery
      Sight: Obzor 1P63 Tactical Combat Scope w/ Solar Dual White/Green Multipurpose Reticle, AK/AKM Mount
      Original Tan Soviet AKSU sling
      Real Steel AK74 Plum Tula Airsoft Converted 120 Rounds Magazine x3

cheers

orb

Comment

Finally, the modifications are done.

Apart from the stock, springchange and cola-can shims on the bipod and carry-handle, these simple mods are essential for keeping the rounds in.

Handle and grip were painted by a friend of mine to save money. Also, I know the stock is a Type 1, it's impossible to find a Type 2 anymore. At least it's possible to transfer the butt-plate and flip-up pad to the type-1.

Chronos at 340fps on the dot. Coming to Ground Zero. :D

For comparison:

PK Soviet Machine-Gun

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Awesome, nice one Kamarov! I think this is the Kalashnikov daddy in this thread!
          Originally posted by Walter Gropius
          If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Hate.
            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

This is my Cyma ak105. I would like some advice too please. I cant decide what to do about the stock and flash hider. I could get a m4 stock tube for it and a magpul ctr stock so it would be a fsb style ak but I am kind of making a mvd woodland loadout with flectarn d and smersh. Any ideas on how the mvd run their ak's for woodland and back country ops?

Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
              https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

If you're going for MVD, I'd say that's pretty much done, mate.

If it's FSB, despite my hate for buffer-tube stocks, it will fit in. As for the flash hider, I know the FSB pimp them out usually, but the AK-104 is a specialized muzzle-brake, like the AKS-74U, as such, it is inadvisable to change is seeing as the gasses won't be dispelled properly.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
                  This is my Cyma ak105. I would like some advice too please. I cant decide what to do about the stock and flash hider. I could get a m4 stock tube for it and a magpul ctr stock so it would be a fsb style ak but I am kind of making a mvd woodland loadout with flectarn d and smersh. Any ideas on how the mvd run their ak's for woodland and back country ops?
                  MVD: Full folding stock, rail mount with Eotech 551, railed front handguard and grip and sound hog or 105 flashider.
                  FSB: Possibly an M4 stock, full stock will do. Same as above really.

To finish it off, put a sling hoop adapter around the current sling loop. I'm not sure why CYMA are putting skeleton stocks on 105's - they've only ever been produced with full stocks by Izhmash.

Refs

I'd go with a nice pistol grip as well - SAW style or G27 look good and can be obtained fairly cheap.

Comment

MVD in woodland: You do not need the Kalashnikov; climb a tree and wait for many hours. Jump down behind unsuspecting foe and then

Or do whats been mentioned above if you are going to use the AK^

Plus there are a couple of pics of MVD with sniper tape wound round the waffle mag (not sure whether this is to prevent sheen, or smooth the surface for easier removal from pouch OR to prevent tapping/rattle?).
                    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

AFAIK Russian's don't use 7.62x39 Waffle mags - all waffle mags are either after market productions (such as those in the US), or made by Bulgaria and Finland for their own use. The only type of 7.62x39 mag they use is demonstrated on this photo (excluding RPK and drum mags of course):

AK-104 + Polymer 7.62 mag.

Then again they might be Russian after market mags, MVD and FSB are known for buying their own gear (SMERH's and Gorkas spring to mind) so I suppose it's feasible.

Comment

thanks guys i might just get a full stock for it then or an m4 one.

thanks
                        Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
                        https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
                          thanks guys i might just get a full stock for it then or an m4 one.

thanks
                          Go with a full stock, keeps that sexy look of an AK but also allows you to fold it for CQB. Remember, functionality should be more important than aesthetics. That's why I don't run an Eotech/side rail combo on my 105 so the stock can actually be folded.

Comment

Sorry, not waffle but the reinforced polymer- a la the guy with the skull and cutlass patch in your previous post...

Comment

RedHawk, what are the optics on that last image, if you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                                RedHawk, what are the optics on that last image, if you know?
                                Not entirely sure, I've only ever seen that type of sight maybe 2 other times from photos. Could be something Belorussian, it's definitely not standard issue though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X