Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

Phew took a bit of hard sanding but finally managed to get my ultimak style gas block on my AIMS.

> Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
      ...with the magwell spacer fitted.

....New bolt, LCT bolts are terrible and break very easily.
      Sorry for the necropost dude, but I've seen the Magwell Spacer thing a couple of times now with LCT AKs, what does it actually do? i.e - what's the benefit?

Also, what bolt you got on the way for it?

Cheers :D

Comment

It makes the mags easier to insert by reducing the empty space inside that would otherwise allow the mag lip to slip into, seating it incorrectly. Essentially it reduces the chance of inserting a magazine incorrectly.

Comment

I hate you and youre fantastic looking guns Drake.

Comment

• Couple of my parts builds. Nice Khyber pass builds

Launched from orbit. via: technical voodoo
            Attached Files
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

• My 2nd Romanian.

Comment

Latest pictures, MVD AK-105

New in:
                Custom CNC'd SRVV Muzzle Break
                MAG Purple midcaps
                Hurricane Eotech + Mount
                Best quality Chinese vert grip

Comment

• I nearly got plum mags for mine as well. But they wouldn't have arrived in time!

Comment

For the price they're pretty good, though the midcap I originally got with the 105 is probably the best I've seen - full Izmash logos, made of fiberglass and really feels sturdy. Just a shame I've not seen them sold in boxes of 5.

Comment

• LCT?

Comment

Actually it's VFC.

LCT do make a lot of good stuff, but I'd rank VFC over them anyday. VFC AKs have the correct parts and finish, which a sad person like myself is very interested in.

Comment

• Haha. Never actually handled a VFC.

Comment

Cant comment on Vfc's newer stuff but I'd rate LCT above VFC older model AK's personally as the finish, price and build quality of LCT's ak's is pretty hard to beat.
                            > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
                              Cant comment on Vfc's newer stuff but I'd rate LCT above VFC older model AK's personally as the finish, price and build quality of LCT's ak's is pretty hard to beat.
                              Well if we're talking about "older stuff", LCT used to be CYMA gearboxes in a new body at a premium price... Their AK-74Ms were blued and they relied heavily on grub screws. VFC's quality has been the same for a long time, something you cannot say about LCT.

VFC are the creators of the design currently used in: LCT, Dboys/Kalash, CYMA etc.
                              They use correct finishes for their models, use the correct parts for the models and correctly name their models.

LCT seem to think their AK-105 is an AK-104, and also put skeleton stocks on the 1XX series despite Izhmash never doing so. I appreciate it's airsoft and so not bound by real production but my view comes from the point of accuracy and re-enactment. Accuracy is a must in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes to airsoft then LCT are a viable brand due to their solid gearboxes and construction. However, due to the fact I use my own internals, what matters to me is externals. Of which, VFC win. The comparable LCK104NV simply doesn't come close in terms of feel and finish.

The question of VFC vs LCT has been asked on Red Alliance so many times, the majority agreed that VFC are superior. I wouldn't argue with a bunch of Eastern Europeans when it comes to RussFed gear

Comment

By 'your own internals', RedHawk, I'm assuming you mean PolarStar rather than DaytonaGun? Tempting system, that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X