Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

I have looked into a DG, my friend has just bought an LCT with DG V4 installed in it. I'll see what happens after the tards in customs realise it's not actually a real gun. Once it's cleared I'll certainly be having a go of it to see how it compares.

Comment

I happen to be such "friend" with the Daytona - Customs siezed it 2 weeks ago today because they though it was a real gun, had nothing but grief! Despite LCT G-04 (AK-104's) being sold in the uk at the shop that supports fire the firearms officer at customs believes it to be a real deactivated gun???

I think incompetent doesnt even cover how customs are handling it - the first guy I spoke to told me that RIF's were completley illegal in the UK no matter what and that this "Defence against the VCRA" I have was me making rubbish up! I'm pissed off to say the least.

Anyway, when it arrives I'll get some pictures up and hopefully a video of it firing if they havent completley wrecked it.

Comment

Well if we're talking about "older stuff", LCT used to be CYMA gearboxes in a new body at a premium price... Their AK-74Ms were blued and they relied heavily on grub screws. VFC's quality has been the same for a long time, something you cannot say about LCT.

VFC are the creators of the design currently used in: LCT, Dboys/Kalash, CYMA etc.
        They use correct finishes for their models, use the correct parts for the models and correctly name their models.

LCT seem to think their AK-105 is an AK-104, and also put skeleton stocks on the 1XX series despite Izhmash never doing so. I appreciate it's airsoft and so bit bound by real production but my view comes from the point of accuracy and re-enactment. Accuracy is a must in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes to airsoft then LCT are a viable brand due to their solid gearboxes and construction. However, due to the fact I use my own internals, what matters to me is externals. Of which, VFC win. The comparable LCK104NV simply doesn't come close in terms of feel and finish.

The question of VFC vs LCT has been asked on Red Alliance so many times, the majority agreed that VFC win. I wouldn't argue with a bunch of Eastern Europeans when it comes to RussFed gear
        Like I said I've no knowledge of VFC's newer stuff but between myself and my brother we have 2 VFC's (AK74S and AK74SU) and 6 LCT's (AIMS, 105, AKMS, AMD65, RPK and AK74M) none of which are particularly new and out of them I know which I'd rather have, also VFC's internal quality was very hit and miss then (and still can be in fact) and both VFC's we have had been over hauled internally at some point which can't be said about any of the LCT's bar the AIMS.

From memory it looked to me like opinions where very much divided on Red Alliance over which was better.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on VFC and I've owned practically every AEG they've made at some point but I've never been overly impressed with their AK's.
        Last edited by -Drake-; 26 July, 2013, 17:23.
        > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

i have an LCT here for re working at the moment, was initially quite impressed but.... 290fps out the box , the cutout in the barrel for the hop looked like it was cut with a rough file and to finish off (and the reason i was working on it ) it double fed chronically .not what you expect for a high end gun. overall my cyma worked far better and was only let down by the use of paint not bluing and less actual steel parts but for one third the price i'm not complaining .

Comment

Originally posted by -Drake- View Post
            Like I said I've no knowledge of VFC's newer stuff but between myself and my brother we have 2 VFC's (AK74S and AK74SU) and 6 LCT's (AIMS, 105, AKMS, AMD65, RPK and AK74M) none of which are particularly new and out of them I know which I'd rather have, also VFC's internal quality was very hit and miss then (and still can be in fact) and both VFC's we have had been over hauled internally at some point which can't be said about any of the LCT's bar the AIMS.

From memory it looked to me like opinions where very much divided on Red Alliance over which was better.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on VFC and I've owned practically every AEG they've made at some point but I've never been overly impressed with their AK's.
            I'm not saying LCT are bad, it's like comparing CYMA and RS. Both are good brands, but you pay what you get for. RS make the best AK derivative on the market. That doesn't mean CYMA's latest offerings are bad, it's just that they are £300 less and thus quality won't be the same.

It's also out of the VFC AK-105 that I have found one of the best gearboxes. The motor I use on one of my custom guns and is impossible to lockup. You'd burn the trigger contacts out before it locked up.

If you check Red Alliance you'll see the majority of players wielding VFC AK-74M's or 105's. Occasional NPO guns as well. It's not really divided, unless you call a 80% agreement divided.

Comment

I did check Red Alliance but only for threads regarding LCT vs VFC and from them it didnt look clear cut.

Its pretty irrelevant though as its only my own preference from personal experience with the two.

Anyway to keep this from turning into a discussion thread here is nice pic of our VFC's.

> Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Really want that heatshield gasblock
                Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

yup i know what you mean ,i have an lct AK with the heat shield,its in for work ,its my mates gun and its laughing at me every time i look at it.may have to make one, or spend more cash!

Comment

Finally bit the bullet and got myself an SVD after years of wanting one. A&K Springer but that is what I was after (CO2 bolt is in my sights). Some multiple grades of sandpaper and wet-and-dry, some silicone oil and elbow grease has turned it from this;

into this;

The silicone oil has really puts a dark black shine on the metal, makes it look like steel rather than the alloy it actually is. I also think the polished bolt is the dogs danglies! Now for a scope and a wood kit!
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
                      I think ill just stick to irons, when ever i have optics its just another thing for me to worry about breaking/loosing

But any way, got my FN style grip! Fits perfectly and is so much nicer to hold then normal one

Final thing to do is source a good tactical AK selector

Buddy, that is soooo nice. Never been a massive fan of the AKs but that makes me really wanna buy one now. The whole front section is really tastey..

Gonna have to go check my bank account i think!!

Martin
                      If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

My LCT AKM NV.2009 bought specifically for ****** *****: Vietnam next month which hopefully the weather will hold out for!

- fallen in love with it. The feel, the weight - it's incredibly accurate out of the box with its 6.02 barrel as standard and it has turned many heads which is always a nice feeling.

Rubbed it down with some scotch brite and sanded the wood with fine sand paper, buffed with an oily rag and its starting to look and smell like business! Recently bought an original issued NVA AK/Type56 sling to complete it.

Last edited by tomson2912882; 28 July, 2013, 18:35.

Comment

I spent most of the afternoon servicing two of my AKs, and getting the latest up to top spec. This one is the new G&G 74N mounted with a PSO-1. It only arrived this morning so I've not yet stripped and blued the steel.

BO Manufacture AKM, my favourite AEG by far.

I've always loved the AK. You can have all the HK's and M4's you like. I roll with a boot full of old school.
                          Pics of Real Swords and VFCs shortly.

Comment

always loved ak's first game I ever played I used an ak47. Then been into m4s since.
                            Had a Ca aks74u which was nice but this is now my baby.
                            Jus fitted a bunch of internal goodies.

Comment

My latest little project gun
                              SAM_0317.jpg

Comment

Got an RPK on the way, will follow with pics :D
                                Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X