Kalashnikovs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kalashnikovs

My latest WE and RA-Tech GBB jobby. AKS74u with a chunky wood kit. I'll probably take off the mag assist and go for the purist look.

Comment

Hi Lizard, sweet gun ... what RA Tech kit is in there and did you install it yourself ?
      Last edited by IronMonkeyPimp; 7 March, 2014, 00:06. Reason: typo

Comment

CNC steel parts are; trigger set, hammer, sear, firing pin, valve locker and the inner select lever.
        The other pieces are the 6.01 precision barrel, hop rubber and aluminium NPAS.

I've mucked around with it for a few hours today and it's top banana. I'm really pleased.
        Nope I didn't install it myself. It arrived exactly like that from source (good fella who gets a lot of sweet kit in from GBB manufacturers.) but with polymer furniture. Also grabbed some replacement CNC parts for my GHK, which has suffered some abuse and needs some tlc.

The pieces are fairly easy to install though. RA-Tech have a lot of good instructional videos on youtube.
        Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 7 March, 2014, 00:39.

Comment

Some dust on the AK, but I have found myself a more appropriate background in comparison to before. Thanks to a user called Jov my russian loadout is almost complete. Just waiting for my SMERSH. Finally got to take the AK's out on Sunday. Apart from a few stoppages on the 105 (I suspect it was a BB issue, or maybe a 'breaking in' one) I was doing quite good in 4-6 degree weather.

Oh I do love AK's now.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
            I'll probably take off the mag assist and go for the purist look.
            If you Do take off the mag assist RL I'd be interested :-D

R

Comment

Send me your address, throw a fiver in a charity tin and you can have it.
              I did the same for a few guys on here.

Comment

• Kalashnikovs

I too get the occasional stoppage with my 105, but it's all part pf the fun.

I use Blasters BTW.

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Blasters are good BBs but I did too, only with my AKMN. It's a design flaw with their hop chamber and wheel based hop unit.

You can replace the plastic components with propriety CNC parts which improves durability, and replacing the wheel and AEG style barrel with a ProWin style stops those irritating roll-outs and blockages.
                  We're at a huge disadvantage as it is; 30 rounds against 400. We could do without more handicaps.

Comment

But that "disadvantage" only makes it more fun when you clear a squad of hi cap heroes.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Comment

I was using Madbull .3's at the time. I'll get some .3 blasters in and see what they're like. I think the thing just wants breaking in a bit more and some more silicon on it. It was right at the very end of the bolt travel as well, when it picks up the BB's. So yes like you guys say, it might be a small design hiccup. I'll keep working the thing over to get a smooth cycle and see how it does. Other than that, its a top class weapon.

Comment

Just be careful, a similar stoppage broke the hop chamber on mine cause it's plastic which takes the hop bucking with it. I recommend either a ProWin, RA-Tech or FG Airsoft metal chamber housing.

As RiflemanLizard said, it's a design flaw with the feed ramp that sometime causes misfeeds/double feeds. It is very sensitive to position and alignment as well, when replacing the hop rubber on mine, the first time I put it together it misfed on every shot. Taking the feed ramp out, cleaning the base and screwing it in again solved it.
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow. I had to take the 74u to bits to unscrew the outer barrel and adjust/clean the hop assembly before. It cycles fine so I suspect that might be why I haven't had stoppages with that one. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Comment

Think the phrase people use on forums is 'I'll leave this here'.

REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Bought a Femme Fatale, did we? That gun, more than any other, convinced me that G&G are a company that deserve my respect. They truly don't give a s*** what 'macho men' think of their products.

Comment

That is fantastic. That's all I can say

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jon Bon Find out more about Jon Bon
                                Working...
                                X