• Show
Clear All

• Heckler & Koch G3 Variants

G&G/CA-based G3KA4

Re: Heckler & Koch G3 Variants

G3 SBS

Comment

The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

That G3 SBS is VERY nice

My TM G3-SG1

Does anyone else find the type of mount Im using to be very wobbly and hard to secure to the gun? Or is that just due to the TM ABS body not being strong enough to really clamp it on properly? Anyone got any reccomendations for alternatives? Ive been looking at the MP5/G3 RIS mounts (As seen in Sam 56's G3 SBS picture) you can get instead, would that be a better alternative?

Ive also taken the bipod off of mine now, as I hated it.

Comment

My JG G3 has it's new metal body to make it even more rigid with the real foregrips.

This is it in A3 configuration although it's modular for me as I have shorter muzzles, slim foregrips ,sliding stocks etc to change it for what I need for that day

Comment

Where do you get real foregrips? the TM ones are creaky as hell!

Comment

at a local military show mate

Comment

Tiercel the one on the SBS is a king arms one iv used that one you've got and hated ir plus i tried the classic army one which was worse kept falling off all over the place.

Comment

heres my JG G3-ras. its got metal upper, TM gearbox, deans. my first gun aswell.

Comment

just something a little different.....

my TM G3 - fitted RIS front (CA i think?) and the folding stock. makes it a bit more manageable. grip pod is only temporary.

i've recently scrapped the heavy TM hi scope mount, in favour of the MP5 style claw mount

love the shorter barrel on yours Muzzy - might look at doing same to mine

h e y d r i c h
                      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Heydrich - do you mount the battery in the ris-hand guard?

since i've had mine i've toyed around with gettin either the ump style stock or the sliding one, but had never actually seen a pic with one fitted. i quite like it!

Comment

sadly, no - it's a work in progress, but the battery's going to have to be mounted externally (battery bag slung in the stock)

not enough room in the RIS for standard batteries; mini or large
                          maybe a small lipo would fit in (i haven't got any to try) ?

the folding stock is great tho....here's a before and after (with folded stock):

h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Hi there,

my G3 is a Classic Army M41 SG that i have modified as the ES one (G3A4).
                            Unfortunately there was no space in the ras system for the battery so after a lot of Googling i managed to find a long 20 mm rail that can be attached to the standard hand guard.
                            Gamertag V3RN3TTI

Itrader link

Comment

THE best 425 G3sg1, eva in the world.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X