• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Cheers,

PMed you the details.

Comment

Any idea how to make an A2 style magazine release guard for an A1 rifle?

Comment

Some really cool looking Images on here guys, especially with the DD rails!:D

Heres a small collection of my Ares L85 A2.

Comment

Current config:

Comment

that's honestly beautiful. I really want my L85 exactly like that.
            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

yea nice were did you get the riser acog from ?
              THIS IS MY SAFETY , SIR !!

Comment

Heres mine as it is now. Have ordered the correct acog and already have the acog riser so just waiting on that to be delivered.

Only need to get the doc sight, wings & flashider. Will get there one day lol it feels like its taking an age to get it how i want it :P

**Edit**

Forgot i need dual windowed emags too lol

Comment

So now I sold on my acog and replaced it with the Specter DR...
                  But is it ever actually going to replace the Acog?
                  As I understand, the acog is a short term fix while we move from susat to the Elcan but I'm not hearing anything about the Elcan coming in to service??
                  G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Its phasing in for sure

4 Rifles are the first infantry battalion to be issued with them

Pictures were taken a few weeks ago in kenya
                    Last edited by M.I.A; 21 June, 2011, 12:29.

Comment

Nice one mate, cheers for that.
                      Good old Kenya, I was there on exercise for 7 weeks back in 2005.... Or was it 2006? Good fun.
                      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Ok next question .... You see the rail mounts fitted to the rifle there for the specter... Is there an airsoft version available does anyone know?
                        I've currently got a normal 20mm rail riser fitted which does the job but doesn't look quite right!

Comment

EDIT

the one i just linked is the standard rail adapter. As far as i know this is the only part to do the job at the min

The one fitted above is longer, thats the only difference i can tell, you could get 2 of the standard adapters and marry them together somehow

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
                            EDIT

the one i just linked is the standard rail adapter. As far as i know this is the only part to do the job at the min

The one fitted above is longer, thats the only difference i can tell, you could get 2 of the standard adapters and marry them together somehow

Yeah that might be an idea, but even those are a nightmare to find

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post

Only need to get the doc sight, wings & flashider. Will get there one day lol it feels like its taking an age to get it how i want it :P
                              Believe me though, it's satisfying when you do, mines not quite there yet, just the FH and two window emags left, but they are details and can be sorted when I haven't just blown a fortnights salary on the basis of a L119 - still prefer my 80 though...

Comment

i know it seems like a big money pit at the min but i am looking forward to seeing it in all its glory :D

Should i artificially weather my L85 or should i let it wear naturally (as was the plan)

I dont really want to "weather" it but it looks too new i think?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X