L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Hey, so it does. Weird, I wonder what the guy would have to gain from crushing it.

http://i.imgur.com/SDEuZ.jpg

What I'm going to do is just wait for one to become available, brand new, at a local shop (they've ordered some in) and see if that fits properly compared to the second hand one I saw.

Comment

• If it was an ICS it came off he probably crushed it instead of putting the few mm of packing between it and the QR rails.

Comment

Originally posted by EchoFox View Post
        ok, basically I was at a site today and there was a chap there selling a Madbull L85 RIS for a very good price, and I was all "TAKE MY MONEY" - but first let me just try and slip it onto my L85 just to see how it all fits.

And then it didn't. The fake gas block's quick detach rails are too wide to allow the rail to slide on. My immediate thought was "well, I simply need Madbull's ICS adapter", except that only includes a piece that replaces a part on the lower TMH/receiver. Does it in fact also include a replacement, and much thinner, gas block?
        yes it comes with a thinner gasblock and a whole new bolt and sling mount

Comment

Really? My ICS adapter only included the internal mounting bracket and 2 screws, that was it. The madbull rail itself had the bracket for STAR/ARES rifles and some small screws, but again, nothing else.

Don't know if my packages were just missing something, maybe I was unlucky, those were just my findings as I went through the process of RIS'ing up my L85.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
            yes it comes with a thinner gasblock and a whole new bolt and sling mount
            Does it?
            The Madbull version is made to fit over the specific QR on the ICS and WE, that's the reason it won't fit Ares, because it's way too wide at the gas block section.

I think you may be thinking of the Hornbill version.

Just thought Ehofox are you sure it was a Madbull version RIS?

Comment

im not sure then i purchased an adaptor from china just because i saw it included a thinner gasblock too ....sorry yes it was the hornbill adaptor i purchased ive got an rs dd ris on mine though gdgdgd.jpg

Comment

• I only knew about that because to get a Hornbill RIS for my Ares these days you need to buy it alongside those adaptors for either WE or ICS

Nice edit job by the way...lol

Comment

A quick pic of where my G&G is at these days. Next purchase will be an Element LLM-01. Still need a couple things after that but I'm quite happy with it

KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

can someone tell me where to get an llm cant find them anywhere :/

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      If it was an ICS it came off he probably crushed it instead of putting the few mm of packing between it and the QR rails.
                      He had a WE L85

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      Just thought Ehofox are you sure it was a Madbull version RIS?
                      It sure LOOKED like a Madbull RIS. It had the 28NOV08 marking, Daniel Defence marking and "For Airsoft Only" on one side. I guess it's possible there are China clones around.

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                      im not sure then i purchased an adaptor from china just because i saw it included a thinner gasblock too ....sorry yes it was the hornbill adaptor i purchased ive got an rs dd ris on mine though [ATTACH=CONFIG]49753[/ATTACH]
                      I did see this on a generic Chinese airsoft website, does that only work with the Hornbill RIS?

Comment

• Madbull are the only ones to my knowledge that use the Airsoft only statement on the side, so it must have been Madbull.
                        Only other thing I can think of is that the sling loop screw wasn't loosened off enough if at all, that helps to keep things tight too.

Yes that adaptor in the pic only works with the Hornbill or RS as its the right size for those to slip over.
                        On a side note you can get the Hornbill RIS and that complete conversion kit posted for about £50 cheaper than the Madbull version

Comment

Further to the advice from other leading lights on this thread, I've had my ICS fitted with a Madbull RIS. I've had it done by my local shop, as discussed.

Issues regarding bother with battery storage and access have been surmounted. I have a Kong Power 7.4 1300, a popular choice for M4 stock tubes. However, here's the cunning part. By stripping out the ornamental gas tube gubbins, it sits snugly above the barrel. With deans connectors these can tuck just down the side of the barrel, and the balancer curls on the end to take up the last few millimetres of space. Dead handy if you need to do a fast battery swap, or do long mil-sim excersise events and just wanna swap batteries and get back in play. As my local shop sells ICS plus RIS and extras as one of their "signature" customs, Jon reckon they'll be probably doing all theirs this way in future (unless the client has any particular instructions).

I'm currently waiting on an optics mount for my Specter DR, grip pod, ladder covers etc. Once done I'll post some pics.

Re the LLM, I note the VFC is reviewed by some to be acceptable level of light, but apparently the rail attatchment mount and the main body are plastic, and it sounds a bit feeble to me. Moreover the pressure pad is a rather daft click-on-click-off action. Is this so? Can anyone comment on the quality of the Element made alvernative?
                          Last edited by Green Knight; 9 January, 2012, 19:05.

Comment

• The VFC version is a well built unit.
                            But it falls down in that for your £65ish you get a pants printed circuit type LED bulb that I doubt could be changed for anything anywhere normal.
                            It only takes 1 CR123a battery
                            And not a huge concern for most but it is missing the IR side of things.
                            The mount itself is plastic but so is the rest of the bodywork, and won't give any problems at all as long as not tightened to extremes.

Now Element (although I don't own one yet) uses a normal LED bulb 2 CR123a batteries and has all of the visual and IR optics that the RS version has, and all for about £15 cheaper.

No brainier there me thinks....lol

Comment

Here's mine;

WE L85A2

received my new element LLM01 a few days ago, was brilliant, now broke, now utter crap.

Comment

got my ics l85a2, now time to save up for the ris and other such. Oh and my helikon camogrom turned up to day. Its very nice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X