L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

The Star/Ares SA80a2's, does the cocking handle lock back?

At 3:58 on this video it seems to - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55UCMp__JVs
    He also says the UGL is really wobbly at 2:48.

My mate has a Star/Ares version and I’m pretty sure his doesn’t lock back. Can anyone clarify this for me please?

A PM would be great if anyone has any info about the Cocking handle or UGL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
      I know people are mostly concerned with the externals here, being a pictures thread, but if anyone with a Star/Ares can offer any advice on how to get the best internals upgrades, especially for range and accuracy, a PM would be great.
      ARES (internals are ace) + Tightbore barrel. Job done.

Comment

Oh no... That video really makes we want an SA80
        I got offered a nice ICS one in a swap for my GBB MP7. Typically though they're not making the RIS for the ICS one yet. Anyone got the ICS? What's it like? Seen a few vids and the accuracy at distance didn't look too clever. Even with the hop off the rounds were curving up. I know it's an easy fix with a new hop rubber, but is this a common issue with them?

Comment

Mines a Star, so my ROF is great, and the gun is reliable, but I am not amazingly sold on the hop, and do need a tightbore at some point. I am alittle annoyed at being outranged by M4s, although it fires far from badly, I want the accuracy an L85 deserves.

In answer to the above, my Star cocking handle won't lock back, it doesn't open fully. It will jam back though, there is nothing holding it, I just see little point lubricating a cocking handle, infact its convenient when it jams for adjusting hop.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Angry Goose View Post
            Hows it shooting??
            Spot on, not a single problem since i opened up the holes in the bolt slightly.
            Accuracy & performance wise its spot on too.

Originally posted by menacer View Post
            Tisane my L85 looks EXACTLY the same as yours now lol, cant wait for the RIS, i wish they would hurry it up i dont car how much it costs!!!!

Dave
            Here here!!!
            Trust bloody WE to copy ICS!!!

Comment

yummy new susat, looks the mutts, about as usefull as a chocolate tea pot

Comment

whats so bad about the l86? i heard the hops abit naff, but is it really that useless?
                'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

i was talking about the susat.
                  i've had no problem with it (yet).
                  but the hop seems to be fine one mine o.o

Comment

Tyler, Im surprised theres no witty comment written in tipex on there yet!

Comment

Ah then i do appologise for my miss understanding,as for the hop i may be thinking about the star one =)
                      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

nah,
                        i'm saveing that.
                        >>
                        << i've gota ninja my way to a few gun at the weekender and paint lil love hearts of them XD

Comment

Please don't write on it, it's pretty as is...

And I agree on susats, they look awesome but are useless. Maybe use an acog red dot for skirmishing, that's what I do and it works well, if you get the acog right. Shame l86s don't have their own RISs, I'd so have one then... Despite the scary prices.

Comment

• My two new additions
                            Both Ares, SA80 and LSW.

G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Heres my Star L85A2

Got a RIS kit on the way
                              And the rest is pending funds
                              Lets Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum, Damn! Im All Outta Gum!

Comment

Very envious of that LSW, a proper little l85 armoury there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X